• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some new JTF2 Pics

FWIW it is not illegal to use other nations uniforms.

Is it illegal for a soldier to  use the uniforms of an enemy country?  I remember hearing that was a rule. I would assume wearing the enemy uniform with an intention to impersonate them or something.

Ghost778 said:

Is it illegal for a soldier to   use the uniforms of an enemy country?   I remember hearing that was a rule. I would assume wearing the enemy uniform with an intention to impersonate them or something.

I'm not a JAG but I think what is illegal is to don't have any identification signs, I think just the flag is ok. A good example is a sniper in ghillie suit. But anyway, every respected country conducts covert missions, and in that case even tattoos (like in stupid movies when the guy has his SF unit on the arm) can give you away. Unless you are retired, having 22SAS or BUD/S promotion whatever written on you is very foolish and can bring you to tortures.
BTW I saw a picture with one JTF in CADPAT and another one in US Woodland.

Ghost778 said:

Is it illegal for a soldier to   use the uniforms of an enemy country?   I remember hearing that was a rule. I would assume wearing the enemy uniform with an intention to impersonate them or something.
Leaving aside the question of "illegal" or "legal" (which, in a warzone get kind of confused at times anyways), getting captured by the enemy while wearing their uniform will have you treated as a spy instead of a legitimate combatant and you can forget the Geneva convention pretty much entirely, i.e. you won't be treated as a PoW.  Of course, in places like Afghanistan, the Geneva convention (at least as far as the Talibs, Al-Qaedists and other assorted enemies would apply it) isn't worth the paper it's printed on, so take your pick.

Back