• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some new JTF2 Pics

It's like some stupid glamour magazine.

Well, that is  the joke I was making with my original post (calling his wearing of multiple cam patterns "a bit gauche") but it was taken rather seriously, so I offered a serious response. No offense was meant gents. Can I stand everyone a round in the virtual mess?

PS why are there no beer emoticons?

drink.gif

beer.gif

There you go. :)

I'm just wondering which end of Alexander's horse is talking   ;D.   :dontpanic:

Acorn

It's the Macedonian word for Horse....

"Hourse, of course" is bad spelling and worse proof reading. Not bad pronunciation though, eh?

Acorn

Now I'm just trying to find the thread where you dinged me for a spelling mistake.... :warstory:

ibucephalus said:
, it behooves them to practice their fieldcraft skills at every available opportunity as their lives will likely depend on it.

::)

Buy a bigger hat kid.

A horse is a hourse, of course, of course... :)

Nice to see one of them has a SOG seal pup...kinda makes me feel like less of a twink for getting one a few years ago.

Funny thing though...I'd swear that one of the lads in those photos is wearing a ball cap that looks the spitting image of one from that lot of JTF Haiti from awhile ago. Same cap = same guy?

Hmm...I think I may have carved out a new niche in the Branch...Fashion Intelligence!

:dontpanic:
J.M.

Buy a bigger hat kid.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean I shouldn't presume to offer advice to a photo of an "operator"?

Regardless, I was introduced to you this summer at the NSCC, very briefly. We are both formerly of the same reserve unit.

ibucephalus said:
Buy a bigger hat kid.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean I shouldn't presume to offer advice to a photo of an "operator"?

Regardless, I was introduced to you this summer at the NSCC, very briefly. We are both formerly of the same reserve unit.

The Chap is perhaps a little more oriented towards Revolutionary Etiquette though. I'm all for the spreading of Anarcho-dandyist writing.

The photos from the Chap's "Civilize the City" protest are most entertaining (at the bottom of the page). I believe they've made it an annual event.

Call me crazy Mr Phalus but somehow, being the revolutionary guy you are (or pretend to be) I don't really see a future for you here amoung professional soldiers...

Of course that s just me and I could be wrong... ::)

Slim

PS-Kev...You have my sympathy!

Of course that s just me and I could be wrong...

Sir,

But I'm the most notorious (anarcho)dandy in the CF. You don't mean to suggest that being well dressed somehow precludes someone being a "professional soldier"?

PS-Kev...You have my sympathy!

I make no pretense towards being Mr B's aquaintance. Only that I actually, physically met him very briefly at NSCC 04 (that is in the real world, not cyber-space). 

But I'm the most notorious (anarcho)dandy in the CF. You don't mean to suggest that being well dressed somehow precludes someone being a "professional soldier"?

Personally I think the only reason you're here is to stir the pot. We've seen it before and there'l be many of the same ilk after you've grown board with wasting our time and leave. Just hurry up and do it quickly please, will you.

Slim

Nice pics..... especially like the second last one ...dude has some great whiskers ;D

reminds me of pictures I have seen of my great great grand pappy, during his hunting days with his whiskers all curled up like that.

PARAMEDIC,

The funny part is that the photo of Cpl Mustache is fairly recent (within the past 5 years). The army is the only place, besides The Handlebar Club, where someone can unironically wear those kinds of whiskers.

Although looking at the photo again, I see that the real point of interest for the militaryphoto.net-types is the menacing safari-vested fellow in the background. It is nice to see that operators also enjoy the privilege of dress-down Friday. ;D

All, sorry for jumping in a little late, but I have had 3 ROE/Rules of Armed Conflict lectures in the past 3 months and I'm pretty sure that it's against Canadian policy to wear other country's uniforms. There may be an exception for the unit that must not be named, but I don't see how since they're still Canadian soldiers. Though it could be alright as long as you don't wear the other country's flags/insignias.

Can anyone clarify?

I would assume, as long as there are no markings saying they are form another country. It should be fine

Infanteer said:
Now I'm just trying to find the thread where you dinged me for a spelling mistake.... :warstory:

Heh! At least your mistake, IIRC, was something that you could easily have claimed was a play on words. I just get the lame "hourse sounds like course, of course." I can't even fall back on the old standard "my fingers are too fat, and 'u' is right next to 'o' on the keyboard."

Acorn

Back