• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Site problem? (or my browsers?)

j0hn_r1 said:
Thanx. But I turned it (the broken-page) on and its still the same here...  :-\

Yeah, its the same here. i dont even know if mine is on or off. See Mike's comment here :

Mike Bobbitt said:
John, Compatibility Mode isn't required any more. Shouldn't hurt to have it on, but it's not needed. (I say that, but am not a daily user of IE8 so there may be other issues I haven't seen...)

* I don't like it when people feel the need to jump on the latest lynch-mob bandwagon puttin their :2c: in...

Well hopefuly your computer problem gets fixed. The rest, well, we'll have to see.....

I've been using IE8 since it came out and its working fine for me.......

j0hn_r1 said:
I have the same problem, missing/jumbled links for thread options and navigation...

Same problem Smitty posted pics for... Here's my screen shot... The message submit/preview buttons here are gone too (use alt+S)...

The nav-link on the upper-right corner of the thread body is similar or almost gone...

Did you ensure your language was set to English?

If you can't access the menus, this link should get you there - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=account;u=35801

This is the Windows warning I keep getting...

"STOP RUNNING THIS SCRIPT - a script on this page is causing I.E. to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive."

I'm gonna reformat my PC tonite/tomorrow, wipe her fresh and start clean. Maybe that'll get rid of the conlicts (with this site & IE anyway)... As for the rest...

Once everyone stops with the negative/irrelevant comments, all-mighty attitudes, and stupid MIL-POINT demerits and antagonizing comments within them...

Then I wont have anything to reply to... See how that works...

;)

Occam said:
Did you ensure your language was set to English?

If you can't access the menus, this link should get you there - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=account;u=35801

;D  :salute:  :nod:

The other links wouldn't work, but that did...! Thanx a million Occam...!!!

j0hn_r1 said:

"STOP RUNNING THIS SCRIPT - a script on this page is causing I.E. to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive."

I'm gonna reformat my PC tonite/tomorrow, wipe her fresh and start clean. Maybe that'll get rid of the conlicts (with this site & IE anyway)... As for the rest...

Once everyone stops with the negative/irrelevant comments, all-mighty attitudes, and stupid MIL-POINT demerits and antagonizing comments within them...

;)

You just don't know when to shut yer yick, do you......

j0hn_r1 said:
The other links wouldn't work, but that did...! Thanx a million Occam...!!!

No problem at all....that's a few people, myself included, that have been bitten by that setting going wonky.

John... did Occam's trick fix the whole problem, or just get you to the profile page?

If it fixed it maybe I can hunt down and change all accounts that are misconfigured.

No, it wasn't a "direct fix", just the link to get me to the page where I could change the language from German...

Thanx Mike.

:salute:

j0hn_r1 said:

;)

I got no scripting errors on my side and I am using Vista 64bit w/IE8

I should have also asked... when IE tells you to stop running a script, does it give any details about which script it was? Or a line # or something?

The last couple of days when replying to a post I have been getting the error message of just having posted in the last 20 seconds (which I haven't) so I hit the back button, wait and repost and then it says it has already been posted (but it hasn't).  I resort to my tried-and-true method of copying my reply, opening another browser window and posting as per normal.

Is there something different I should be doing?

Note:  This has happened on both work and home computers.

Back