• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Significant Site Upgrade Complete

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
All,

I wanted to let you know that this morning, a major upgrade was completed on the site. It resulted in only a few minutes of downtime, but moves us forward to the current version of our operating system. This provides much greater security and a few new administrative features. If you notice any problems, please let me know.

Cheers
Mike

I'm unable to post into the Military Discounts thread. Tried it on both Milnet and Navy, neither worked.

JMesh said:
I'm unable to post into the Military Discounts thread. Tried it on both Milnet and Navy, neither worked.

I posted into it okay...

So I guess I can post, just got 2x 403 errors inside the forum when trying to make replies. Gonna test a bit more and update this post.

Update: The error only occurs when I try to post a reply with a quote in it. Normal posting works, as does editting.

OK, I think I know what's happening... I'll take a look...

Same - e-mail inbound with specific error message.

Mike Bobbitt said:
I've either made things better, or worse. :)

Lets see, is this better?

Edit: Yep, its better, quotes work now.

Pretty sure it's still not fixed, though it may be a bit better...

I'm not sure if it's an upgrade problem, but I was trying to attach a photo (400ish KB) and I got a white screen with this:

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/forums/index.php
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
Apache/2.2.17 (Fedora) Server at forums.army.ca Port 80

E.R. Campbell said:
I'm not sure if it's an upgrade problem, but I was trying to attach a photo (400ish KB) and I got a white screen with this:

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/forums/index.php
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
I had the same problem last night.  Total three files of 75 to 160 kb each, and I had to split them over multiple posts.

There's a 200K limit on pics....I find that if I slightly resize the pic in "Infranview"...the algorithm brings them down dramatically smaller than the original and still maintains most of the quality...

GAP said:
There's a 200K limit on pics....I find that if I slightly resize the pic in "Infranview"...the algorithm brings them down dramatically smaller than the original and still maintains most of the quality...

There is a free "Image Resizer" PowerToy for Windows XP/Vista/7 that works pretty well, too.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Image-Resizer-Powertoy-Clone.shtml

E.R. Campbell said:

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/forums/index.php
Just got the same sort of message trying to attach a 126 KB PDF file in the Libyan fracas thread.

Same here, with a 177 Kb image attachment;

Request Entity Too Large
The requested resource
/forums/index.php

I've made a change... hopefully it will help more than it hurts. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
I've made a change... hopefully it will help more than it hurts. :)

Can I expect to get banned again?  ;D

I seem to be having trouble logging in constantly over the last few days.  It keeps telling me there is an error due to cookies.  And the only thing I know about cookies is that I eat too many of them.  Not sure if this is as a result of the changes or not but I have only noticed this problem in the last 3 days or so.

Back