• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 2007 Photo Contest

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
After a bit of a hiatus, the Contests are back! September's contest is another photo contest... the scope is pretty open, they can be photos of anything - Milnet logo redux, operational pics, funny pics, sunsets, etc... the subject is up to you!

As usual, the winning photo will earn it's creator a $80 CPGear gift certificate.

Standard Contest Rules Apply:

• There are no limitations on photo subject, location, etc. but it has to conform with the Conduct Guidelines.
  • The winner will receive an $80 CPGear gift certificate as a prize.
  • You can enter as many photos as you like.
  • Photos must be uploaded into the Milnet.ca Photo Contest album in the photo gallery in order to be eligible.
  • The winning entry will be selected based on rating and views. If there is a tie, or other factors will be used.
  • The contest closes at midnight ET on September 30th, 2007.
  • OPSEC/PERSEC must be observed at all times.
  • Photos must be original, or contributor must hold the photo copyright.
  • All uploaded photos will be retained by Milnet.ca and may be used at a later date.
  • Photos must not be offensive in nature.
  • Photos from previous Milnet.ca Photo Contests are not eligible.

Related links:

Remember, be creative, unique or humourous to increase your chances of winning. Good luck, and don't forget to rate the photos that others enter! (Yes, you can even rate your own photo - once.) If anyone has any questions, just let me know. May the best shutterbug win!

Cheers
Mike

You can just upload them into the main contest album. Once the contest is over, I create a sub-album and "hide" all the old photos there.

I went to upload mine and it said an error had occurred.  But when I clicked to return to the gallery, it had uploaded my pic anyway.  Not sure if this is a typical occurrence or not, but thought I'd let you know Mike!

P.S. vote for cdnmich  ;D

I had a problem... I uplaoded photos 2-3 times...It gave me some error..so I did it again to see that I had the uploaded sorry.

mm
Same thing happened to me.  I've PM'd Mike about it.  Nice pictures BTW  :D

Mine said "error", but the photos seemed to have uploaded

muskrat89 said:
... but the photos seemed to have uploaded

Yes yours loaded (nice pics!) but bumped me to the second page!  Don't forget to click "next" when you're viewing the album folks and check out cdnmich.  8)

muskrat89 said:
Sorry 'bout that    :-[

Oh don't be.  Just bugging you and using you to get my pic out there!  But if you feel really bad you can vote for me.  ;)

Thank you Mike, for getting another contest on the go for us....

I just had a look through them, spectacular job everyone :) I got a good chuckle out of the 'hard at work'... 'enough said' pic's too. I will go through my own collection and add a few before the deadline also!

~Rebecca

Sorry to hear about the errors... next time it happens can you copy and paste the message for me? I've removed all the duplicates. There are also a couple of photos of a boat and the St John river that don't have an owner... who's photos are they?

Come on in folks and vote.......Some great photos by all.

Folks,

I've finally had a chance to look at the reports of errors showing up on upload... it's all true. There seems to be a broken image in the album that's causing some grief unfortunately. If anyone comes across an image that looks like a cartoon broken window (or no thumbnail at all), please let me know... that's the culprit.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Bobbitt said:
Folks,

I've finally had a chance to look at the reports of errors showing up on upload... it's all true. There seems to be a broken image in the album that's causing some grief unfortunately. If anyone comes across an image that looks like a cartoon broken window (or no thumbnail at all), please let me know... that's the culprit.

Cheers
Mike

Well after spending all night (hey ... what else do insomniacs have to do except troll the photo gallery) reviewing every album and every sub-album in the darn gallery ... here's what I've come up with for you Mike.

I suspect this album may be causing the problemos.

Album: "Fix me or delete me" because I am broken and am causing frustration to the masses trying to upload awesome pics into the Photo Contest  ;D

Photo Contest: Upload your awesome pics here.

Thank-you vern, I've now been able to track down and fix the problem. Uploads should work as per normal now.

I've been viewing the album over the last few weeks, and it looks fantastic :) PMedMoe... if you catch this post, I love the recent sunset photo over Kabul.

~Rebecca

proudnurse said:
PMedMoe... if you catch this post, I love the recent sunset photo over Kabul.

~Rebecca

Thanks!

So, what are the final results? Anyone?  (Bueller? Bueller?  ;))

Back