• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SBS Get Their Man

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
SNN2227A_440480a.jpg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article830969.ece
SNN2227Z-180_440490a.jpg

A TALIBAN chief behind suicide attacks on British troops has been shot dead in a daring operation by elite forces in Afghanistan.

The Special Boat Service ambushed Mullah Abdul Matin as he crossed a desert on a motorbike.

They were dropped into his path by helicopter after a tip-off on his whereabouts. Matin spotted them and opened fire with an AK47 rifle but he was cut down in a hail of bullets.

Two henchmen with him – one his key lieutenant Mullah Karim Agha – were also killed in the firefight.

Matin, who was in his 40s, was killed on Monday near Gereshk in war-torn Helmand province.

Troops recovered night vision goggles, grenades and a detonator.

Matin, a deputy of Taliban chief Mullah Omar, had been one of the Coalition’s top targets for several months.

He had planned several suicide bomb attacks on British convoys, killing two British servicemen and wounding a dozen in the last 18 months.

His fanatics are thought to have murdered Royal Marine Gary Wright, 22, from 45 Commando in October 2006, and Sgt Dave Wilkinson, 33, from 19 Regiment Royal Artillery, last July.

He is also thought to be behind the murders of dozens of Afghan civilians.

British Forces spokesman in Helmand, Lieutenant Colonel Simon Millar, said: “Mullah Matin’s been a priority target for some time. He commanded fighters and reported directly to the highest Taliban levels of command.

“He’s responsible for the kidnapping of local nationals, had links with the narcotics trade and had provided security to the traffickers.”

NATO spokesman Brigadier General Carlos Branco said the Taliban had suffered “another severe setback”.

Indeed....Mullah Matin looks pretty cold.

Huh I would have thought the SAS would have got him. But SBS i've heard of them just not in such a way that the public is aware of there operations like this.

SBS - Some Body's Son or Same Bloody S#&T.  Well trained and not the stars of the famouse British Beach Landing video.  They have better boats....

Schafer said:
But SBS i've heard of them just not in such a way that the public is aware of there operations like this.

I'm guessing most of them LIKE it this way....

Well done!

How do I say this.....

Ummm "

thank you!

I love their motto;

"By Strength and Guile"

;D

Back