• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Redcoat dress uniforms

• Thread starter Thread starter nbk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I smell a lock coming pretty quick.

Any last words - perhaps on a the importance of a nice gabardine scarf to go with my riding boots?

Infanteer,
Don't forget the jodpurs.  ;D I know a bunch of people that wanted to join the RCMP because they still wear those too. ;)

recceguy said:
No. Enlighten me with your numbers and sources.

Do you know the average wage of most of the Reserves (students and new entry workers)? It's also not a valid reason, due to the Total Force concept. YOUR argument sucks.

Lets not bicker here, i have my proof, its here.

The on-strength establishment of the Force as of April 4, 2004, was 22,239. A breakdown of these positions by rank and category is shown below.

ACTUAL STRENGTH

Commissioner 1
Deputy Commissioners 6
Assistant Commissioners 27
Chief Superintendents 58
Superintendents 139
Inspectors 333
Corps Sergeant Major 1
Sergeant Major 7
Staff Sergeant Major 1
Staff Sergeants 752
Sergeants 1,606
Corporals 2,846
Constables 10,028
Other regular members 4
Civilian Members 2,611
Public Servants 4,052
Total 22,472

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Content created: date
Content revised: 2004-11-04
Page updated: 2004-12-02 Return to Top Important Notices

Of course, they all arent issued with scarlet dress.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/html/organi_e.htm

Acorn said:
A wise man once said "it's better to keep your mouth closed and have people think you a fool, than to open it and prove them right." You are depriving a village, somewhere, of an idiot.

If you like the scarlet stuff so much, I recommend you join a reinactor group so you can also stand in ranks and execute the 21 movements to load the Brown Bess musket.

Acorn

Well, i didnt say all reservist are full time at another occupation did I? I do recognise that their is a substantail amount of reservists who are students.

Thanks.

You're right, on that one point. I also don't think we should be counting the almost 7,000 civilians, so we're actually only talking about less than 16,000. However, I notice your caveat. They're not all issued scarlets? Why's that, pray tell?

Canuck_25 said:
Well, i didnt say all reservist are full time at another occupation did I? I do recognise that their is a substantail amount of reservists who are students.

So then, by logical extention, who and what would be the determining factor for a Reservist to recieve a free issue? And quid pro quo, when and at what pay scale should a Reg have to purchase his own?

recceguy said:
Thanks.

You're right, on that one point. I also don't think we should be counting the almost 7,000 civilians, so we're actually only talking about less than 16,000. However, I notice your caveat. They're not all issued scarlets? Why's that, pray tell?

So then, by logical extention, who and what would be the determining factor for a Reservist to recieve a free issue? And quid pro quo, when and at what pay scale should a Reg have to purchase his own?

Well, after all, the RCMP was involved in the sponsorship scandal, and that was over horses and uniforms. Every rank listed recieves a scarlet uniform, thats a fact. Volunteers obviously dont. I have seen a commisioners uniform, and it looks very similar to a high ranking scarlet dress uniform (medals, ect)

I never said that the reservists should recieve a free scarlet dress uniform. I suggested that reserve regiments involve themselves in the community, fundraise, in the hope that maby a platoon or maby even a company would be supplied with a scarlet uniform. Those who cant afford a scarlet uniform can benifit from this.

The Other Ranks of the   British Army fought tooth and nail for the "privilege" of wearing a necktie.   See Brian L. Davis or Mike Chappell's works on battledress.   It may seem funny to all those hard core Brit heritage types, but the Other Ranks felt scandalized that they were not permitted to wear a tie.

Michael, I think people you are quoting are wrong when it comes to ties in WWII. below is a quote from page 738 of Dileas by Kim Beattie;

"The First Canadian Army was going to be a bit irksome about dress
         and discipline after the easy-going -days of the 8th Army in Italy.
         They had to be smart when walking out. They must wear their
         spam-ribbons, and also the black-tie which they had considered the
         Zombie's private badge of shame."

canuk25,

What you said was:

In my oppinon, the scarlet uniform should be supplied to all regular memebers of the army. The reservist would have to fundraise for theirs.

I was never under the illusion that you said for the Reserves to get a free issue, vice the Regs getting it. I want to know your reasoning, given all that's been said. If the Regs get it free, so should the Reserves. Either way, it won't happen.

recceguy said:
canuk25,

What you said was:

In my oppinon, the scarlet uniform should be supplied to all regular memebers of the army. The reservist would have to fundraise for theirs.

I was never under the illusion that you said for the Reserves to get a free issue, vice the Regs getting it. I want to know your reasoning, given all that's been said. If the Regs get it free, so should the Reserves. Either way, it won't happen.

Why, may i ask, wont it happen? In you oppinon of course, unless its written in gold :)

...and now we're talking about Mountie Uniforms....

OH, I know I'm going to take a beating for this but,...[deep breath],
looking at the pictures on the previous page "makes" Michael's arguement. Those hats and red coats make them look like stuff that should be worn at "the"  :-[parade in Toronto they hold once a year.
Novelty act, yes,.... serious uniform, no.

Well, I'm done here. Time to go.
fahr39.gif

Maybe time for a lock also. Art & Michael, how bout you?

How about this as the new General "Canadian" dress uniform - it is green after all.  What do you think the material is?

......and on that note, lets move on. :-[

..and please Infanteer, no more self-portraits. ;)

LIGHTNING BOLT

Wanna see my "mag" pouch?.........no darn it..stay locked......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back