• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RE: Reserve Unit (Winnipeg, MB)

Lambo37

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm very new to this board, so I apologize for my ignorance.

As a preface, I haven't spoken with a recruiter yet...I'm still researching and trying to gather information!

Basically, I'm just wondering what the difference between reserve units is? I'm looking to join as either Infantryman or MP. The two units that currently offer Infantry are the Royal Winnipeg Rifles and The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada.

Any info you could provide would be very helpful! Thanks.

Hey there, if you're still looking for an answer to your question, then there really is no difference between The Royal Winnipeg Rifles and the Camerons. Only the Regimental uniforms, history and events are different. Rifles wear pants, Camerons wear Kilts. Both the Rifles and Camerons receive the exact same training, BMQ, Land, etc- but other than the Regimental differences it- it's the same. Hope that answers your question.

(Edit) Military Police is an entire different ball-game, which I have little to no information to give you. Don't want to give you false information if I don't know all of the facts.

Back