• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

R22er Rgt training (video)

• Thread starter Thread starter D-n-A
  • Start date Start date
D

D-n-A

video shows members of R22er doing training in an urban enviroment(FIBUA)
theres also a bit of JTF2 in the video, showing them taking down a room

it‘s all in french, except the JTF2 guys speak english

also, there is some swearing(if your offended by it, I warned you)

http://www.radio-canada.ca/util/zapmedia/version10/detecteBack.asp?lien=/Medianet/CBFT/Telejournal200310022200_2.asx

ah i was watching that the other day on RDI, but i dont remember any JTF2, but i only caught it half way

That was a good show, i didn‘t understand most of it, but i think was had a good point.

from my limited french skills I believe I heard that it was the first ‘official‘ time JTF-2 was shown on television. They were apparently teaching the vandoos good room-clearing skills - (anyone is a potential threat).

Quite interesting overall...

here is my translation that i originally wrote on the Army(dnd site) forum:

i am bilingual and understood what they were saying. The interviewer from RDI was basicly describing what they were training for and what the soldiers were going to have to expect. The scene from the R22 theatre room (where the one soldier was talking to the big group) he was in Afghanistan for enduring freedom and was describing what he saw, he was talking about how there were enemy weapons chaches everywhere, each pronvince had one, each village had one, and each house had one (so to speak). He also mentioned that taliban soldiers gave children fake Ak‘s with the red tips broken off, and he said that he almost shot a kid that had a fake AK because he thaught it was real and considered him a threat. Then they moved on to the CQB site in the USA i think. the interviewer described what FIBUA/OIBUA and CQB is and that JTF2 was training them, and that this was the first time they were seen on film or viewed by jounalists. When you hear the arty round go off, the Instructor was talking about how anything could happen at any time including sniper fire and artillery. Then i think you all understood the Swearing guy. and near the end, the soldier in his cadpats (after the night raid scene) was talking about that we dont have enough planes to send all the soldiers who want to go to ASTAN, and that the CF asks alot of its soldiers. Then the interviewer was talking about the fact that DND has increased its peacekeeping ops. Through-out the hole video they interviewd a few more people but i wont get into it or ill be here forever, if u have any questions about anything that was said at any point just ask and ill do my best to translate. ALthough i cant promise everything since much of it was garbled.
Sgt Taraso, RCAC

Wow! That was an impressive video. My French is somewhat limited, so thanks to leopard11 for help with the translation.

Two things stick out in my mind: the size of the rucks and the size of the C7s during the FIBUA training.

Did the narrator say they were carrying 30 kilo rucks? Is that standard size/weight on ops? I normally carry an 18-22 kilo ruck when hiking and find it a chore after 10 km or so, but the shot of the last guy with the Carl G on top of everything else reminds me how much of a weenie I really am. Ducimus!

The length of the C7s also really stuck out, primarily because of the recent conversations about the proposed A2/A3 mods. It really is awfully long, especially for FIBUA. I can definitely see how a shorter barrel would be an advantage. BTW, what sights were they using?

I hope more people see this video.

No prob.
yes they did say 30 kilo rucks, the reporter might have just been stating that as an average but he deifnately said 30 KG. thats 66 lbs. did u notice the guy carrying the carl g in his hands, the spare round on his ruck and the c7 slung on his shoulder? thats a guy i wouldt want to run into in a battle.
And i may be mistake but i think i some some remington action going on in the fibua site.
Sgt Taraso, RCAC

Jason, the sights on the C7A1 rifles, is the C79 Optical Sight

DNA,
I think he‘s referring to the room clearing portion. They were using "iron sights" (basically remove the C79 sight and attach a single screw iron sight).

Affirmative, gate_guard, it was the FIBUA sights to which I was referring.

It‘s pretty obvious why the C79 isn‘t used for FIBUA, but how often do our guys train with the iron sights?

Do they actually use the sights, or are they trained in point shooting? It wasn‘t clear to me from the video that they were using the sights, based on head position and the speed with which they were whipping their rifles around.

Back