• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Politics in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you should re-read the various articles on the topic or review the on-air reports from news stations: The only reason, the Conservative member brought it up - at this time and first in the Commons - is because he got wind of the fact that the Liberal member was about to out it herself, first, to try and embarrass the Conservative party with it in the context of the current #MeToo movement.

As a result of this good strategy by the Conservative member, combined with the feebleness of the actual event - especially in relation to the alleged effects on her life that are so grossly out of proportion to the event - she is being called out for the whiner that she is.

That's it. Everybody: Move on! Nothing to see! Let's keep #MeToo for the truly inappropriate sexual conduct of some men (and women in position of power, BTW) towards women and other men, sometimes.

Trudeau Liberals Vote AGAINST Motion Calling For ISIS Fighters To Be Prosecuted

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2017/12/05/disturbing-trudeau-liberals-vote-motion-calling-isis-fighters-prosecuted/

I'd say we'd all regret this with the exception of the apologists amongst us.

The NDP government in BC just approved the continuation of the Site C dam project. Started under the Liberals with a significant amount of progress, it's was very likely they were going to say yes to it, but it will cost them. The Green party is handing them rope to hang themselves with in regards to the environmentally friendly voter. The Green party will use this in the next election to harvest voters who felt betrayed by them. It's likely the NDP will ensure certain bones are thrown to the First Nations and the Labour Unions. http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/ndp-government-decides-to-continue-construction-on-site-c-dam

I was hoping the Liberals were going to lose ground yesterday with the by-elections, not gain ground.  Sigh....

Well hopefully the Conservatives will take stock of why they didn't do as well as hoped and fix those issues.

Good luck to them, they seem to be dysfunctional as well.  Both flavours are  :turkey:

Got a hi-larious email from the Conservatives

Jarnhamar  —
We are almost ready to close the books on the Erin O’Toole leadership campaign, with just a small debt left from the race, and we greatly appreciate the support you have given us during this time. 

Erin ran a great campaign, thanks to your support, and despite entering the race late finished in a very strong position. 

Now he is focusing on being a member of Andrew Scheer’s strong team in Ottawa, and is doing an effective job of helping hold the Trudeau Liberals to account. 

You mean I can still donate money to the guy who I supported and quit, who's supporting someone I never heard of before who brags about "being a feminist too"?

Let me just send a blank check and have them go ahead and get rid of that little debt lol

Colin P said:
Well hopefully the Conservatives will take stock of why they didn't do as well as hoped and fix those issues.

Doesn't look like it... https://globalnews.ca/news/3884108/tories-marijuana-bill-c-45-senate/

The Conservatives are positioning themselves pretty well as the adversary of what Canadians want on this one... they will take a big political hit for it.

If the Cons want to step on their junk with golf shoes, then they'll reap the whirlwind in 2019.  Scheer lunacy, l guess.  Ah well, I'm not warming up to him anyhow.

Sigh...... 4 more years of selfies, maybe.  :not-again:

jollyjacktar said:
I was hoping the Liberals were going to lose ground yesterday with the by-elections, not gain ground.  Sigh....
I have come to the sad realization that this will be a two term government and we will have to live with the results of these (mainly) moronic decisions as it pertain to defence for years to come.

FSTO said:
I have come to the sad realization that this will be a two term government and we will have to live with the results of these (mainly) moronic decisions as it pertain to defence for years to come.

Ditto.  :brickwall:

:cheers:

If you look at the results closely, you can see that the Liberals picked up NDP support rather than anything else. If this portends the future, and it may not, then the NDP has a significant uphill battle before them. Of course, it could just as easily represent name recognition on the behalf of the candidates.

Here the Liberal candidate was local and focused on local issues. At the end of the day it's the local voters that elect you and how well they are served is what keeps you elected. The CPC forgot that lesson.

suffolkowner said:
a resurgent NDP might help to drag the Liberals down into minority status
they are going to need to really surge outside of quebec,  because they are a spent force inside la belle province

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back