• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PMJT: The First 100 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldgateboatdriver said:
Without getting into the "Northern Gateway" discussion, Suffolkowner, I can tell you that It would make no sense whatever to bring the oil to Thunder Bay.

First of all, the Great Lakes are closed by ice three months of the year (and Thunder Bay is one of the last places to lose its ice).

Second of all, the size limit in the various lock systems is such that the tankers that could make the trip are about one eight to one tenth the size of the super tankers envisaged for Northern Gateway. It is not economical to run such small tankers for oversea delivery of oil, so you would've to trans-ship to larger ships somewhere along the St. Lawrence system passed Quebec City. Environmentalists just shot down such a project.

Finally, with super tankers, the Panama canal is out, so any deliveries to Asia require either a transit south of one of the Capes (Good Hope or Cape Horn) or across the Atlantic, to the Med. and then through Suez. Any way, it is long and expensive compared to middle eastern oil transits, something that cuts into the economy of the whole thing.

I mean I get all that. It just seems a much easier process, I wouldn't necessarily advocate stopping at Thunder Bay permanently more a twinning of energy east instead of replacing the natural gas with oil(something that seems a bad move in my mind). With WCS at $26 a barrel the hysteria about pipelines has definitely calmed a bit.

milnews.ca said:

I'm going to watch the public debate very closely.

So far the mainstream media and the "chattering classes" are lined up, firmly, behind Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on the refugee (25,000 more by 1 Jan 16) question, but ...

Opposition to taking any refugees is growing in the USA ...

CT-dB8dUsAAfjrD.jpg:large

And ...

CUBXAfCXIAEp6Ff.jpg:large

... we, Canadians, frequently follow the US "lead" on social issues and I wonder how long it will be until we see real, organized opposition to refugee resettlement.

Of course, we could look at Mayerthorpe and Moncton and point out that the greatest threat to law and order appear to be white males born in Canada.

dapaterson said:
Of course, we could look at Mayerthorpe and Moncton and point out that the greatest threat to law and order appear to be white males born in Canada.

Those pesky little facts are never allowed to cloud out the clarity of debate on either the hard left or the hard right.

David Akin, Sun Media, reports (in his "On The Hill" blog on how Prime Minister Justin Trudeau differs from Prime Minister Harper (reproduced under the Fair Dealing provisions of the Copyright Act from "On The Hill"):

http://blogs.canoe.com/davidakin/politics/trudeau-and-the-press-so-far-an-improvement-over-his-predecessor/
blogbanner.jpg

Trudeau and the Press: So far, an improvement over his predecessor

David Akin - November 17th, 2015

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks to reporters at the back of the air force plane that carried him from
the G20 Summit in Turkey to the APEC summit in Manila. The last time Trudeau’s predecessor did this was,
so far as I know, on his way to an APEC summit in Vietnam way back in 2006. I’ve since circumnavigated
the globe three times with Harper and done lots of other Europe-and-back trips and in all that time, he
never found this type of press interaction to be his style.                    (DAVID AKIN / Sun Media)

We had just refueled RCAF 01 (pictured below) in Bangalore, India and were looking at a 6-hour flight from there to Manila where Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is to attend the APEC summit. Almost as soon as we were up in the air, Trudeau’s press secretary, Cameron Ahmad, came to the back of the plane where they stash the reporters travelling with the prime minister, to let us know that Trudeau would eave his off-limits VIP area up at the front of the plane to come back and take some questions on-the-record. Ahmad gave the collected travelling media — there’s about 25 media, including ENG technicians and photographers on this trip — seven questions (plus a followup). Up to us to choose who would ask and what we would ask. He left us alone and told us Trudeau would be back 90 minutes later. We huddled, figured out the things we wanted to ask about — I was keen to keep pushing him for details about how 25,000 Syrian refugees will be screened before coming into Canada and, happily, other reporters were as well — and we figured out who would put the questions to Trudeau.

True to Ahmad’s word, Trudeau, in jeans, a sports shirt and a sports jacket, came to the back of the plane 90 minutes later and took our questions.

Seven questions plus followups is a substantial improvement over the the way Trudeau’s predecessor, Stephen Harper, had done things.

First, we have always been free to put any question we want to a prime minister (Trudeau, Harper, Martin, Chretien, you name it…)

RCAF 01 — the Airbus Polaris CC-150 that carries VIPs like the prime minister to foreign destinations — on
the tarmac in Dublin, Ireland after carrying Prime Minister Stephen Harper there for the 2013 G8 summit.
(DAVID AKIN/Sun Media)

But though Harper did just what Trudeau did today — spoke to reporters at the back of the plane while travelling to his first APEC summit — Harper never developed a habit of speaking to reporters travelling with him on the plane. In fact, outside of a campaign period, the last time Harper spoke to reporters at the back of his plane, so far as I know, was on his way to the 2006 APEC Summit in Vietnam.

I’ve circumnavigated the globe at least three times in the back of the plane carrying Harper and done lots of out-and-back international trips and, while I did not go on every international trip of Harper’s, he just didn’t come to the back of the plane. We once were invited up front to his cabin but only for a photo opp of him and some of his MPs eating samosas as he winged his way to India for the second time. There were no questions.

Harper’s regular media practice at a summit — a G20, G28, and so on — was typically to do a “spray” with Canadian media on day one of the meeting. (We often got this but not always). A spray is a relatively nformal gathering of journalists where the PM makes a brief statement from the PM followed, usually, by just one question each in French and English. Then, when the summit was complete, Harper would have a more formal press conference, He’d read out a statement and take several questions. More often than not, every reporter travelling with him would get a question at this closing press conference though there were never, in my experience, any followups allowed.

So Trudeau on his first trip, comes to the back of the plane — Harper did that on his first two summit trips (a G8 in St. Petersburg and an APEC in Vietnam) — but Trudeau is allowing reporters to ask followup questions. So that’s an improvement. The politician usually has a “line” prepared on any given subject and the followup lets a reporter listen to the line-of-the-day on a given topic and then probe a little deeper to get past the canned quote.

[Press Gallery colleague Susan Delacourt had this comment at my Facebook page after reading this bit: "One wee thing, David. Harper's first two trips as PM were to Afghanistan and Mexico (for 3 amigos). Both in March 2006. He did do off-the-record interviews on the way back and forth from Afghanistan (I got a 10-minute rant about Paul Martin, which was unhelpful, news-wise) and no interviews in Mexico. He chose instead on the 3 Amigos trip to do double-enders with TV folks who weren't on the trip. Thus ended the travelling-with-PM trips for me. Not worth the hassle." I've amended the paragraph above by adding the word "summit" in the phrase above 'first two summit trips'.]

The travelling media on this Trudeau trip — I’m among them, in case you hadn’t figured that out — had been a bit grumpy about Trudeau during the G20 summit in Turkey. The Paris attacks had many leaders out on day one of the summit responding to these events but Trudeau would not make himself available.  He was invisible in the midst of a major global story. And remember: Canada is a G7 country. That’s a big deal.

But Ahmad, the press secretary, told us that given the choice between setting aside time to answer questions from us or meeting another world leader for the first time, Trudeau chose to meet world leaders. All we could get from Trudeau on day one was when we interrupted a photo opp he had with the Mexican president.

As an aside: The Harper parallels here are remarkable. Harper’s first summit, a G8 in St. Petersburg in 2006, was thrown off course by the Israel-Lebanon war just as Trudeau’s first summit was thrown off course by the Paris attacks. Harper turtled, like Trudeau, and would not comment on the issue that was dominating global headlines. And, just as we interrupted a Trudeau photo opp this weekend to ask a question, I remember interrupting a Harper photo opp in St. Petersburg in 2006 to do the same, yell questions at a PM who was not doing press that day. One difference: Trudeau answered the question at the photo opp. Harper’s aide’s quickly whisked us out of the room before he gave us an answer.

[Bloomberg's bureau chief Theo Argitis was also on that 2006 St. Petersburg and he provides more context in a Facebook comment to this post: "I remember the 06 trip well. Regarding Lebanon bombing, Harper spoke at least twice on the matter before the G8. Once on the plane, when he very controversially said the bombings were `measured'. Then again at a presser with Blair a day later -- before the G8 meeting in London. Then after the G8 at a press conference in Paris. That's when he sent us all home on Air France business class and he took the plane to Cyprus to evacuate Lebanese Canadians." All true. But I'm still pretty certain that, at the summit itself, Harper would not speak to us.]

In any event, at the end of the G20 Summit in Turkey, Trudeau did make himself available for a lengthy press conference. He took 40 minutes worth of questions, in French and English, with any reporter who wanted to ask a question getting that opportunity plus a followup.

And then we got on the plane for Manila and got another 20 minutes or so and seven questions, including followups.

The followup questions alone would differentiate him in a positive way from Harper but he went further than that on his first back-of-the-plane foray, telling us all how important we were:

The last thing I want to say before I take questions is that I’m happy to be back here talking with all of you. I know that this is an important part of this process. Canadians need to understand how Canada is engaging in the world and dealing with issues that are
    important to them and the work you do, as I’ve been saying from the beginning, is an integral part of that and I look forward to continuing to answer questions.

But he wasn’t done. He then pretty much apologized for not being more available at the G20. Harper would definitely not have said this:

I know that there were, ah … it was a busy summit and I wasn’t always there to answer questions but we had a minister who was pleased to engage with you more regularly and I’m always glad to engage whenever I can.

So it’s a new era — so far at least — in terms of relations between the prime minister and his press gallery. I’m encouraged. But let’s see how things are in a year from now. Or two.

Let’s review what Trudeau has done since being sworn in so far as press interactions go:

Oct 20: At the National Press Theatre. A good 30 minutes. As with all press conferences (including the four Harper did here during his nine years as PM, follow-ups are allowed and a journalist is the moderator.)
Nov 4: At Rideau Hall, after swearing-in: Trudeau takes 12-minutes worth of questions. Only a handful of reporters get to put a question to the PM but each one gets a follow-up. Many more reporters (yours truly included) are out of luck standing at the microphone as Ahmad cuts us off. PMO had no role in choosing who would ask the questions or the questions themselves.
Nov 12: At the National Press Theatre again. But this one was shorter, about 20 minutes. NPT was packed. A journalist moderated but a lot of journalists left disappointed that they did not get a question in. That’s probably our fault because, again, the PMO had no role in choosing the questioners.
Nov 13: A very brief statement with just two questions — no followups allowed — in the wake of the Paris attacks. This event was held at the Ottawa airport minutes before Trudeau got on the plane to go to the G20 Summit in Turkey.
Nov 16: A 40-minute no-reporter-left-behind press conference in Antalya, Turkey at the close of the G20 summit. Followups allowed. PMO played no role in choosing the questions or the questioner.
Nov 17: A 20-minute q-and-a on board RCAF 01 (See above)

Now, I am no fan of the national news media/parliamentary press gallery, especially not of the TV networks ~ CBC, CTV and even Global could all go the way of Sun News and that would raise the intellectual standard of televised political coverage, in my opinion ~ but it is the primary way most of us get our information, heavily filtered though it may be. Thus, good, at least better relations between the media and the PM are to be welcomed ... for as long as they last.

The new relationship will stick around until the first Trudeau gaff at a press conference. Then he'll default to the heavily scripted speeches and appearances that won him the election.

>Of course, we could look at Mayerthorpe and Moncton and point out that the greatest threat to law and order appear to be white males born in Canada.

Not really.  The greatest threats to law and order are things which cause people to lose faith in "the system".  I doubt many people lose faith over the attacks by isolated loners.  Evidence of election fraud or corrupt policing are examples of great threats to law and order.  I'm not sure yet what the blowback from a violent refugee admitted in a hurry to satisfy the Maslow needs of the chattering 25% might be.

Brad Sallows said:
Not really.  The greatest threats to law and order are things which cause people to lose faith in "the system".  I doubt many people lose faith over the attacks by isolated loners.  Evidence of election fraud or corrupt policing are examples of great threats to law and order.  I'm not sure yet what the blowback from a violent refugee admitted in a hurry to satisfy the Maslow needs of the chattering 25% might be.

Politically?  Bad news for the LPC. 

Socially?  I'm afraid the racist crap will go from being on news articles' comment boards to (more) out in the open. 

Dimsum said:
Politically?  Bad news for the LPC. 

Socially?  I'm afraid the racist crap will go from being on news articles' comment boards to (more) out in the open.
Like this?  Or this?  And the refugee wave hasn't even hit yet ....
milnews.ca said:
Quote from: Thucydides on 09 Nov 15, 15:59:43

Will Canadians torch old military bases to prevent them from being used? Highly unlikely for now, but as time passes and problems arise due to lack of planning (or questions are not being answered becasue there are no answers available), then the sorts of forces that drive the nativists in Europe will find grounds to grow and prosper here.
I'm going to have a bit more faith in Canadians (not to mention those guarding said bases) than that for now.

Maybe I was too optimistic ....  :(

Dimsum said:
Too late maybe.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/muslim-woman-allegedly-attacked-toronto-1.3322298

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mosque-peterborough-fire-1.3320013

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/man-in-joker-mask-threatens-to-kill-one-muslim-or-arab-in-quebec-a-week-in-online-video

Colin P said:
You can use the existing ROW, but generally it needs to be expanded as there are spacing and setback allowances and that expansion will trigger consultations and permits.

Northern Gateway (I hate that name by the way) is unlikely to proceed and the economic cost will be minimized if 1-2 LNG terminals are completed on the west coast. Endbridge, both the Federal an Provincial governments did a terrible job preparing the social ground for that project. Also thee was really zero benefit for BC and a lot of risk. I don't know of any company that would take on that much risk for so little gain. Better early (prior to submission) on consultations with First Nations, communities would have been good. Not tilting the process so far in favour of the company would have helped. A refinery based around Dawson Creek area to bring the oil to light sweet crude would have helped create a economic argument for BC to be more supportive. it would also help limit the environmental arguments. Plus it would eventually become a refinery that could produce more retail products, easing the chronic refining shortages we suffer on the west coast.

And that is the reason the Federal Government was given responsibility for Inter-Provincial commerce.  Let us know when you want to rip up the railway tracks.  You lot don't use anything east of the Port Mann in any event.  >:D

Yesterday I posted David Akin's (Sun News) report of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's mid-air press conference. Mr Akin has now added a transcript which is reproduced, here, under the Fair Dealing provisions of the Copyright Act from his On The Hill blog:

http://blogs.canoe.com/davidakin/politics/transcript-trudeau-at-the-back-of-the-plane-on-refugees-climate-change-etc/
blogbanner.jpg

Transcript: Trudeau at the back of the plane on refugees, climate change, etc.

David Akin - November 17th, 2015

I blogged about the circumstances of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s first visit to the back of the plane where reporters sit during overseas travel of a Canadian prime minister. Some thought that very nice but wanted to know what the heck he actually said. Ok, here you go, here is my transcript  Trudeau’s English-language remarks:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks to reporters aboard RCAF 01 somewhere
over the Bay of Bengal between Bangalore, India and Manila, The Philippines
(DAVID AKIN/Sun Media)

[Trudeau opening statement]

So first of all, excellent first experience at my first summit. Conversations I had with various leaders, the discussions, obviously on security and terrorism in the wake of Paris but also a lot of economic discussions about how to create inclusive growth, how to work together in a co-ordinated fashion on increasing regulations and structural reforms that are needed in many countries around the world and that lead to a lot of great conversations.

I’m also pleased to say that I asked a fair bit of advice of leaders and they volunteered some as well. I think it was important to highlight that I’m aware that there’s a lot going on in the world and hearing what their priorities are, what their approaches are to the issues that are important to them was a good way of starting relationships that I certainly hope are going to continue in a positive way in the coming years.

So many of the issues that Canadians are facing around the economy, around trade, around security around growth have implications that stretch far beyond our borders and are impacted by what stretches far beyond our borders and knowing that we have positive relationships with significant leaders around the world that we can work with and agree on on important things and agree to disagree on other things is the kind of relationship that I hope to build.

The last thing I want to say before I take questions is that I’m happy to be back here talking with all of you. I know that this is an important part of this process. Canadians need to understand how Canada is engaging in the world and dealing with issues that are important to them and the work you do, as I’ve been saying from the beginning, is an integral part of that and I look forward to continuing to answer questions.

I know that there were, ah … it was a busy summit and I wasn’t always there to answer questions but we had a minister who was pleased to engage with you more regularly and I’m always glad to engage whenever I can.

[Trudeau's first question is about his commitment to move 25,000 refugees into Canada by Jan. 1, despite a request from Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall to suspend the program over security concerns and doubts expressed by other Canadian politicians that Jan. 1 is a realistic deadline]

CT8tWlFUEAEt8F5.png

I’ve said from the very beginning that security has always been at the very core of what we are planning to do on refugees. There is no question that one of the very first jobs of a Canadian prime minister is to ensure the security of Canadians and of our communities. And that has always been an integral part to our approach of accepting 25,000 Syrian refugees and that continues to be an extremely high priority.

It didn’t take the tragedies of Paris for us to suddenly realize that security is important. We’ve known for a long time and we continue to be very much committed to keep Canadians safe while we do the right thing to engage responsibly with this humanitarian crisis.

I am right now in communication with our ministers in Ottawa who are working very, very hard to establish a responsible plan to bring in 25,000 refugees in a short time frame, responsibly, effectively, and in security and we will have more to say on that in the coming days.

[Trudeau is asked about his upcoming meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama. It will happen here in Manila on Thursday. What does he expect Obama wants from the new prime minister?]

We’re actually going to be talking about a wide range of things from energy issues where I’ll be pushing the idea of a proper continental approach. I had many conversations in my bilateral and on the edges of the summit with my Mexican counterpart, Enrique Pena Nieta — Enriqe Pena Nieto!  — I call him Enrique now! —- but the challenge that we have is ensuring that the three North American countries are properly co-ordinated in our energy plans, in our environmental plans, in the desire that we share to remain competitive in the world economy but also ensure that we’re moving towards greater responsibility.

I know that there’s an awful lot we can do and I know that I have a lot of common ground with President Obama on that.

We’ll also be talking, obviously, about our approach to [the COP21 climate change meeting in] Paris, how it’s important to push strongly on some of the more recalcitrant countries who don’t seem to be as ambitious in their approach to climate change and I know — I’ve heard from a number of people — that they’re pleased that Canada is now taking a more active role in convincing other countries to do more on climate change. And actually, people were pleased to note that in my intervention on climate change, I said, look, Canada is a country with energy resources and seasons and a climate which means that we have challenges. It would be easy for us to make excuses around not doing the kinds on climate change that we need to do. But obviously this is not about short-term avoidance of pain. This is about doing the right thing for the long term. And I’ll be talking to President Obama about that.

Obviously we have more discussions on security, on refugees, on Syria and on our continued commitment to the coalition against ISIS including our military engagements against ISIS in a training role. We have an awful lot to discuss and I look forward to engaging with President Obama on a range of topics.

One of the things I pointed out in our very first conversation on the phone was his focus on getting big things done in his final year, looking at legacy dovetails nicely with my desire to get big things off the bat in my first year to set the tone for the coming years and to a certain extent to make up for some years in which we weren’t quite as active as we could have been.

So I think there’s a nice dovetailing of a desire to get things done and not put things off. That means we’re going to have a lot to agree on.

[Trudeau is then asked about his plan for Canada's military in Syria and Iraq. The jets are coming home -- Trudeau has been adamant about that -- but what will Canada's non-combat military role look like?]

We’ve certainly committed to doing more in the way of training. What that’s looking like is something the defence minister is leaning into right now. We’re looking at a number of options. We’re looking at how we can best be helpful.

Canada has extraordinary Canadian forces with a wide range of abilities but as you say, training is something we do very, very well and that’s something we’re looking to be helpful to the coalition with to make sure that Canada’s doing more than it’s part in the war against ISIS.

So we’re putting a very, very thoughtful approach to all the different ways that Canada can help but the one thing I have insisted on in my conversations and will continue to insist on with our allies and friends is Canada will continue to play a meaningful role in making a positive difference.

We committed throughout the campaign and I’ve committed repeatedly to my Allies that we were going to do more on the training front and that means obviously than just the 69 trainers. How many that will be and what form that will take, what kind of engagement we’re going to have — those are things that we’re going to work out.

I have reassured my Allies and Canadians that, yes, we will be doing more.

[Trudeau is then asked if he was offended by Obama's characterization of Canada's oil sands production as "dirty oil" when Obama rejected the Keystone pipeline.]

One of the situations that I’ve already touched on briefly just in casual conversation with President Obama was that Canada has a very different approach right now to environmental responsibilities and a less aggressive approach on environmental responsibilities in the past led to a ramping-up of rhetoric of Canadian oil and against Canadian energy. And I certainly hope to be able to work broadly not just with President Obama but across the United States — various communities — but of course around the world to highlight that Canada is a positive actor on the environment and that we are responsible in how we develop our energy resources.

I think that’s the positive message that I’m putting out but I know that Canada has to start demonstrating real action and not just words in order for the world to understand that we are serious and committed to developing our resources in a responsible and sustainable way.

It’s not just the world that’s worried about that. It’s Canadians ourselves. People want to know that, yes, we’re developing our resources and getting them to market but doing it in a responsible, sustainable way that’s not putting at risk future generations.

Those who follow my ramblings here on Army.ca will know that: I am a card-carrying Conservative; I am a financial contributor (I give enough to be part of what the CPC calls the Leaders Circle); that I doubt Prime Minister Justin's Trudeau's readiness and ability to hold high office; and I doubt, even more, the ethical fitness of the Liberal Party of Canada. That being said, I am giving our prime minister every possible benefit of all my many doubts ... and I encourage others to do the same. He was handed weighty responsibilities before the Paris attacks, now his situation is even more complex and I am pretty sure he is, honestly and sincerely, trying to navigate a course between the promises he made to Canadians and the counsel he is receiving from all and sundry.

Why did he start his speech with "So first of all, excellent first experience at my first summit"?

He is not there as a movie star whose life experiences interest us. He is representing the country and this is not about him. Such conceit and self-importance.

Oh! And "I call him Enrique now" (even though I can't get his full name straight): Look Ma, I call a world leader by his first name.

Who is coaching him on international relations? You may, after a while and if there is an ongoing working relationship, call some other leaders by their first name in closed sessions if both sides agree, but never ever in public and you don't mention it to the press as a sort of "look at me how I am with the grown ups."

Sorry -I am full of bile today, but this is diplomacy and it has rules.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Why did he start his speech with "So first of all, excellent first experience at my first summit"?

He is not there as a movie star whose life experiences interest us. He is representing the country and this is not about him. Such conceit and self-importance.

Oh! And "I call him Enrique now" (even though I can't get his full name straight): Look Ma, I call a world leader by his first name.

Who is coaching him on international relations? You may, after a while and if there is an ongoing working relationship, call some other leaders by their first name in closed sessions if both sides agree, but never ever in public and you don't mention it to the press as a sort of "look at me how I am with the grown ups."

Sorry -I am full of bile today, but this is diplomacy and it has rules.

Seems, from CBC reporting, that there is a little competition on as to whom is the better looking:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/apec-hottie-trudeau-pena-nieto-1.3323266

MCG said:
Too late maybe.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/muslim-woman-allegedly-attacked-toronto-1.3322298

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/man-in-joker-mask-threatens-to-kill-one-muslim-or-arab-in-quebec-a-week-in-online-video

The motive\ culprit behind the mosque fire has not been determined.

MCG said:
Too late maybe.

Sad that there are idiots who in their hatred attack persons and property indiscriminately.  They act out of rage, and give no thought to whom or what they are attacking.  This Hindu temple has nothing to do with Islam. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/kitchener-ram-dham-hindu-temple-windows-smashed-by-vandals-1.3320866

Just read the whole transcript of Trudeau's press conference.

I found no substance to anything he said. All non committal fluff and bashing the previous government whenever he could.

All I saw was a neophyte impressed with his own performance, which is what it was, a performance.

recceguy said:
All I saw was a neophyte impressed with his own performance, which is what it was, a performance.
Not so nimble as events change the script ....
George Wallace said:
Sad that there are idiots who in their hatred attack persons and property indiscriminately.  They act out of rage, and give no thought to whom or what they are attacking.  This Hindu temple has nothing to do with Islam. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/kitchener-ram-dham-hindu-temple-windows-smashed-by-vandals-1.3320866
Yeah, sometimes those kind of "flinch" responses aren't exactly finely tuned.

milnews.ca said:
Which leaves the other two ....

CTV News Montreal just reported that the Joker is now under arrest and being examined by the police prior to laying charges of uttering death threats and inciting hatred.

That leaves one ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back