• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pea's Story...

MedTech said:
Congrats PEA! :D I'm glad you picked a sensible trade  ;)

Yes, because in a few years, she can remuster to PMed!! (j/k)  ;)

lol or go the dark route like I did, and become an HCA  ::)

Congratulations Pea.  It looks like the recruitment time has decreased significantly.  I am still slugging away.  The recruiter called me back last week saying they hadn't received my high school transcripts yet.  I received the extra one that I ordered this past week, so hopefully they got one as well.  I will be excited when I finally get the call, but for now I am worried, lol.  Anyways, once again, way to go, make us all proud.  :cheers:

I figured I should post again before I head off to St. Jean.

The movers came on Monday and packed my place up and took it away to storage. I spent 2 nights in my empty apartment, and then headed home to my Mom's place for the past couple days. I just finished packing finally. I really need to learn not to be such a procrastinator. I'm headed back to Edmonton tomorrow to do some final errands and then just hang out for my last night. My Mom will be bringing me to the airport bright and early Saturday morning for my flight to St. Jean. I'm really excited now, but also incredibly nervous. I know it'll be better once I get there and get somewhat settled into this "new life". Trying really hard to look at what I am gaining instead of being sad over what I am leaving behind.

I suppose I should say farewell to army.ca for the next 5 weeks at least. I'll check in once I get a free weekend. Thanks to all for your encouragement and kind words throughout this process. Take care, and wish me luck!  :)

Wow, they packed you up that fast and quick  :o?  Maybe I should get cleaning my place up so they don't think I am slob for when I do get a call, lol.

Pea

The one guide that has helped me get through many a "challenging course "  ;) is

"One day at a time."

Feel free to use it!  Best of luck :)

Baden  Guy said:
The one guide that has helped me get through many a "challenging course "  ;) .....
The one useful thing my Dad told me, when he threw me out of the house.....

"The Army can't make you do anything; they can make you regret not doing some things, but it's always your choice."

I've used that mantra on occasion -- "I don't have to be here; I can always go to jail if I want (I bet it's warm & dry there, dammit). Nope I want to be here....."

There you go again, JM, talking about people being responsible for their own actions.  Sheesh, you are indeed stirring the pot ;D

Pea: Good luck, remember that even though you are an army.ca vet, you're just a noob in the Army ;D

Have fun!

Here's a little mantra for when you're dead on your feet getting third degree scream burns from DS: "At least they can't shoot me, at least they can't shoot me...." Repeat as necessary.

Kat Stevens said:
Here's a little mantra for when you're dead on your feet getting third degree scream burns from DS: "At least they can't shoot me, at least they can't shoot me...." Repeat as necessary.

But you know Kat, there are times when you're thinking, "damn, I wish someone would just shoot me"    ;D

Sig_Des said:
"What are they gonna do, take my birthday away"  ;D

I used to say that, until they did.  Three birthdays in a row in the duty room gets the point across.  The real heartbreaker was getting "no jello"  stamped on my meal card, now THAT hurt.

Journeyman said:
But you know Kat, there are times when you're thinking, "damn, I wish someone would just shoot me"    ;D

Yeah as bad as it is they can't kill me....And I promise never ever to to wish to be shot again  ;D

So Pea called me tonight, she says so far it's day two and it's complete hell but she is loving it. She had a wonderful day of standing at attention for four hours and running five flights of stairs a bunch of times, oh and they let her eat some of her lunch and most of her dinner hahaha. Anyhow, she is doing really well and asked me to give you all an update and let you know she misses the site and all her friends.  :-*

camochick said:
oh and they let her eat some of her lunch and most of her dinner hahaha.

Thats strange...i was told there was no time to eat at BMQ. Was i given bad information ?

;D

(For those who dont get it.....its a sort of army.ca inside joke)

Nice to hear that she is having it good. Thanks for the update camo!

Camo
Give Pea our best when you speak to her next time.
"Hang in there, Pea!"  :)
D2

Back