• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay FY 07/08

CDN Aviator said:
I would love to go to clothing and have a suppie say no to me. I cant do that though because the clothing stores has way better hours than bankers do. Ours is open 4 hours a week. Too bad i'm busy flying  on those days usually.

;D

See, that's just the thing. Many people think that we have, as you said, better hours than bankers do... Our clothing stores is open mornings only 5 days a week. The afternoons are reserved for fixing the paperwork and many projects for one of the 2 staff I have there. The other goes to her second job in customer services because we have one person there doing the work of 4... make sense? We don't close, we dig in elsewhere. I'll tell you this - everyone on my Wing can call me at 0600H on a Sunday morning and if it's an emergency, we'll be there. Our SAR guys never have to worry about time - they call, make an appointment for when THEY are available, no questions asked. They miss an appointment and there was no launch? SWO gets a call.

Sounds like CFS St. John's Clothing is open 0800-1200 for regular counter service but from 1300-1600 Emergency Service or Appointments only.

BR 55.....PM headed your way

Back on Track....

I like my new pay...cant complain.

with Sea Pay &  Reg Pay =660

Roughly 334 extra,

so I buy a printer today at Wal-Mart and I have to buy my own USB 2.0 cable???

Pay raise spent with a 8 of Wildcat and a cordless printer.

Pay raise spent with a 8 of Wildcat and a cordless printer.

Screwed up print jobs because you are drunk - priceless.  ;D

HFXCrow said:
so I buy a printer today at Wal-Mart and I have to buy my own USB 2.0 cable???
Yup, I found that out the hard way too.  Now I open the fricken box right in the store to see what kind of port it has before I leave.

BernDawg said:
Yup, I found that out the hard way too.  Now I open the fricken box right in the store to see what kind of port it has before I leave.

Read side of box it tells you what is included and most if not all printers don`t come with cables anymore.

Ya but some boxes just say "USB cable required" you still have to know what type of end you need.

NFLD Sapper said:
Could have sworn that a USB Cable is a USB Cable...

Oh! Oh!  The USB Cable for my printer, isn`t the same as the USB for my Camera, nor for my GPS, nor for my External Hard Drive, nor for my Scanner.  All different cables.

NFLD Sapper said:
Could have sworn that a USB Cable is a USB Cable...

Nope, if have a USB 2.0 port, but use an earlier cable you will have a slower data transfer rate.  As well there are 3 different types of connections that plug into USB devices.

BernDawg said:
Ya but some boxes just say "USB cable required" you still have to know what type of end you need.

I've seen a lot of printers, and I can't recall ever seeing a USB printer that didn't use a cable with a USB A connector on one end and a USB B connector on the other end.  For more info on USB see this site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Cables

It's funny, 'cause years ago we used to call our Sarge a USB (useless son of a *****) and much like the cords of today, you plugged him into a scenerio and garbled data came out the other end!! (And there were many different kinds too...)

BinRat55 said:
It's funny, 'cause years ago we used to call our Sarge a USB (useless son of a *****) and much like the cords of today, you plugged him into a scenerio and garbled data came out the other end!! (And there were many different kinds too...)

Would that have been a lot of "1's", but a lot more "0's"?      ;D

George Wallace said:
Would that have been a lot of "1's" and even more "0's"?

Binary was not a funny issue. I lost sleep because of those zeros!! Yeah, there were lots of 'em!!

Woooo Hoooo, back pay for raise plus 2 months back pay for promotion, hmmm now how to hide it from niner domestic  ;D

421_434_226 said:
Woooo Hoooo, back pay for raise plus 2 months back pay for promotion, hmmm now how to hide it from niner domestic   ;D

Same place your Field Pay went.    ;D

BinRat55 said:
Binary was not a funny issue. I lost sleep because of those zeros!! Yeah, there were lots of 'em!!

Just remember:

There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand Binary, and those who don't.

Back