• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Part time reserve- [ Just a Funny Silly Thread-Enjoy While It Lasts]

busconductor

Inactive
Reaction score
This question is asked with all honesty and good faith. I read the enrollment process for reserves and I am a little bit confused. First of all, I want to ask if there are two kinds of reserves: full time and part-time. Secondly, the instructions are to go to the nearest recruiting center and find out if they have a "job for you (me)". What if I have a day job? Is the requirement of finding a job for me assumes that one has to be a full time reserve? For what is the requirement needed for? I only want to be part-time reserves, pass through BMQ and hone military skills to meet emergency conscription.

busconductor said:
First of all, I want to ask if there are two kinds of reserves: full time and part-time.
Secondly, the instructions are to go to the nearest recruiting center and find out if they have a "job for you (me)". What if I have a day job? Is the requirement of finding a job for me assumes that one has to be a full time reserve? For what is the requirement needed for? I only want to be part-time reserves, pass through BMQ and hone military skills to meet emergency conscription.

Reserves are part time soldiers. While in the reserves there is the capability (though not requirement) to work full time hours. 
Aside from having to go away a few weeks for your initial training in the job you selected, you are only required to work one parade night a month- a 3 hour evening.
On average you can, if you choose, work 1 weeknight a month and 1 weekend (depending on if there is an exercise that month)

ObedientiaZelum said:
Reserves are part time soldiers. While in the reserves there is the capability (though not requirement) to work full time hours. 
Aside from having to go away a few weeks for your initial training in the job you selected, you are only required to work one parade night a month- a 3 hour evening.
On average you can, if you choose, work 1 weeknight a month and 1 weekend (depending on if there is an exercise that month)

That clears everything. Thank you, Sir.

busconductor said:
For what is the requirement needed for? I only want to be part-time reserves, pass through BMQ and hone military skills to meet emergency conscription.

???

busconductor said:
I only want to be part-time reserves, pass through BMQ and hone military skills to meet emergency conscription.

I have my doubts any of us here will live to see that happen in this country...or are you just trying to prep for the Zombie Apocalypse?

MM

How I love to embed myself in the forests of Arctic with my white rifle, scope and white winter clothing aiming the rifle downwards at the west flank and the right flank, sir! That happens when our neighbour starts becoming belligerent. ;D

Oh the money I could make, selling pay-per-view tickets to your psych eval.    :pop:

busconductor said:
How I love to embed myself in the forests of Arctic with my white rifle, scope and white winter clothing aiming the rifle downwards at the west flank and the right flank, sir! That happens when our neighbour starts becoming belligerent. ;D

You are an odd duck, and seem to have very little concept of what we actually do in the military, never mind in the reserves.

Reserves have not been 'called up' (what I think you mean by 'conscripted') since the second world war. It would take a like conflict for it to happen again.

A reservist here at home in Canada may spend a couple days a month doing any approximation of actual soldiers, and that will be at a very low and very basic level for the most part.

You were the same guy, if I recall, who had some hare brained idea of us selling spots on sniper, small arms, and winter warfare courses to civilians. You sound like you fantasize about yourself sitting there holding off some sort of invader threat to Canada. There is no such thing.

Exactly what he heck is it that you're looking for?

Brihard said:
......seem to have very little concept of what we actually do reality

Exactly what he heck is it that you're looking for?
North Korean airborne. Opens in theatres 21 Nov.  :nod:

Even if I am not qualified to take BMQ or fail the medical or the interview I still intend to serve by travelling to the Arctic if placed on red alert, bring my rifle with me together with 50% of the population of Canada as partisans, sirs. The other half by the way are the closet and overt communists whose ideology is more important than the safety of their siblings, sirs.

busconductor said:
Even if I am not qualified to take BMQ or fail the medical or the interview I still intend to serve by travelling to the Arctic if placed on red alert, bring my rifle with me together with 50% of the population of Canada as partisans, sirs. The other half by the way are the closet and overt communists whose ideology is more important than the safety of their siblings, sirs.

You need to get a psych evaluation first.

busconductor said:

Take a deep breath and relax.  There is nothing to fear.  The white clothing of the people approaching you is not camouflage.  They wear white coats to identify themselves as staff.  They are there to help you.  Listen to them and follow their advice.  Take the nice coloured tablets they offer.  If they want you to put on a piece of clothing with long sleeves that ties in the back, go ahead - it is the latest in operational clothing.  It obviates the need for gloves/mittens and promotes body warmth by ensuring you adopt a hugging pose.

Michael Lazlo, did you sneak back on the site?

busconductor said:

Our neighbors to the West and Right (assuming you mean East, or you just like to mix up 'target indication SOPs' on the fly *for fun!*), unless I COMPLETELY can't read a map...are the Pacific (West flank) and Atlantic (right flank/east flank/other flank) oceans.  I am SO wanting to hear your plan of attack on an ocean.  What will be your End State?  Just curious, how one would know when they've won the war against an ocean?  Maybe you can write about it in your journal once they remove the restraints next time!!!

Forest in the arctic?  Have you ever googled "Arctic" and then selected Images??  Giver a whirl. 

http://www.google.ca/search?q=arctic&hl=en&prmd=imvnsz&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aa-qULW8CqO-yQGYvYC4Dg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1440&bih=783

Reading your posts clarifies those old "THIS is your brain....THIS is your brain on drugs" commercials of yester-year.  Do you hear that fried egg sizzlin sound often??

busconductor said:

:loser:

busconductor said:
Even if I am not qualified to take BMQ or fail the medical or the interview I still intend to serve by travelling to the Arctic if placed on red alert

Who is going to place you on red alert?  Also what is red alert?  Command & Conquer?  Who do you think is going to invade us from the North?

Also,  if you fail to meet the CF recruiting standards why do you think you are medically/physically able to take part in a war in the Arctic?

busconductor said:
bring my rifle

Do you own a rifle?  What do you expect to do with it?  What is your rifle going to do if you come up against.. oh I dunno Mechanized forces.. Aviation.., etc. 

busconductor said:
with me together with 50% of the population of Canada as partisans, sirs.

You believe 50% of the population is going to go up north to fight off some invasion you seem to believe will happen?  Who is going to arm/supply this resistance force? Do you believe 50% of the population will actually be capable of doing this? 

You believe 50% of the population is going to go up north to fight off some invasion you seem to believe will happen?  Who is going to arm/supply this resistance force? Do you believe 50% of the population will actually be capable of doing this? 

If he is the leader, there is no doubt in my mind.

-Skeletor- said:
Who do you think is going to invade us from the North?

Based on who he wants to attack on our flanks, I'd say the threat to the North is obvious...the Arctic Ocean!!!! 

But, which north is he talking about?  True?  Magnetic?  Grid? More info is needed to preposition troops and such.

Brihard said:
You sound like you fantasize about yourself sitting there holding off some sort of invader threat to Canada. There is no such thing.

Agreed!  The true invaders are already here.

Back