• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Packing for Basic [MERGED]

5x7 picture frame, we told to not be the only person to not bring one

I just don't see what the big deal is with pictures.  My family is already bugging me to bring stupid pictures with me and I keep on telling them NO!

For razors do you have to use disposable ones or can you bring a mach 3 with you?

LOL after I am done shaving with one of thoose they will probably think I tried to kill myself.

the picture frame is part of the layout for inspection, the ppl on my course that didn't have 1 had to go buy one, then find a picture to put in it.
everything you need can be gotten at the base, they give you a $220 pay advance. my advice is don't waste money on towels, the give you them for free, only 1 you buy is the small face cloth. prices at the canex are pretty cheap, around the same as walmart.

If they're silly enough to make you buy picture frames, have some fun with it.  Go out and get 30 copies of a picture of your course WO's daughter, one for every picture frame.  Seing the look on his face is worth the shit-storm that follows.

$220 advance !!! wow, in my days they only gave us $60...and the stuff we had to buy at canex cost $59.99...........

48Highlander said:
If they're silly enough to make you buy picture frames, have some fun with it.   Go out and get 30 copies of a picture of your course WO's daughter, one for every picture frame.   Seing the look on his face is worth the crap-storm that follows.

That would be a great way to start the course.....do it i dare ya !!

1 guy on my course didn't bring anything, and i think it cost him about $140 to buy all the items needed.

48Highlander said:
It's supposed to be of your girlfriend/wife/SO.

Thanks 48Highlander!  I've been scratching my head trying to figure out why the hell they wanted me to bring a picture of myself...  :blotto:

Hummm... what's a "SO"?

Significant other.  Covers all the other possible types of relationships without me having to type them all out  :)

wait a second so you guys are saying this is compulsory this picture? ???

Yup...you're supposed to have one picture out for inspection...there was this one girl who brought a photo album...I think a good half of the crse had her picture in their lockers.

RoDh said:
you can bring like your cd player right?

I had a CD player on my basic...just kept it in the shoe box we had for personal stuff.

Might not be wise to bring too many valuables. Thieving, in my experience, is not common, but it does happen.

Back