• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ORCA has passed her first test!

The "christening" is the naming ceremony and that is in October.  I'm sure the official date will be announced beginning October.  I'll keep my eye out for it and post it then.

I did my time in the old YFPs and YAGs and while it was kinda fun I'm sure these new hulls will be of real help to preparing people to serve in our 21st century Navy....we didn't have radar on the YAGs in my day.

From the cadet site it says that the Navy will accept the first one into service on November 17th.

Please note that the above photo I posted was provided by Victoria Shipyard.

Thank you LCdr Gerry Pash for the reminder.

George

If you guys get this excited about an Orca i'd hate to think what would happen if you saw a real warship.

Toodles.

STONEY said:
If you guys get this excited about an Orca i'd hate to think what would happen if you saw a real warship.

Against a YAG 300-class vessel, the ORCA is a big step up.

ORCA Acceptance from A Channel News (click picture to view video)

Loved hearing the Naval Prayer in the background there....haha but that's just me! ;D

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Loved hearing the Naval Prayer in the background there....

Thought you might.  :D  And honestly?  I thought it was nice to hear too.  You don't hear it enough anymore, and sadly, there aren't many that even know it either.

navymich said:
Thought you might.  :D  And honestly?  I thought it was nice to hear too.  You don't hear it enough anymore, and sadly, there aren't many that even know it either.

Arrgh! When I was Chaplain at Discovery we had it in our hat so when you took off your cap for prayers you could sneak a peek at the words and follow along! ;D

And here is ORCA causing trouble with the neighbours already.  From where I live, I can hear ship's bells, alarms and horns.  But the sound Tue night was very different from any other I had heard and I couldn't place it.  It sounded like a fog horn or a freighter's whistle on high speed.  I wish they had taped it for this clip.  Nice to find out what it ended up being though.  I can't imagine the residents of Esquimalt were any too happy, glad I am further away at least.

well it's good to know that the fire alarms work, I hope there aren't too many bugs to work out, they should have them all worked out by the time I start training on them.
what about that reporter: Cmdr Leblank ????

Back