• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Op PRESENCE/Mali (Cdn mission/s, sitreps, etc. - merged)

hagan_91 said:
Its not laughable to somebody who see do macracy as a reason the world is where it is.Everyday citizens who know more about Kim and kanyes new baby then about anything relative to history, politics, economics, and defense are in charge of voting our leaders in (half are brainless goofs that care only about there wallet then the welfare of citizens)and dictating our policies made in any field. Qualifications should be needed in order for one to vote. That's an argument ill make another day and keep this on track. Also to your next point. I never said you should have say, if you reread and focus you ll notice i said the word "influence".

For a start, you better begin following the Guidelines. Start using the spellcheck, proper grammar, punctuation and capitalization. Your borderline trolling opinion is hard enough to read and understand without you throwing in all the illiterate and academically ignorant garbage to make it more difficult.

Milnet.ca Staff

I muted him, you folks can get back to a reasonable and educated discussion.

Scott
Staff

Scott said:
I muted him, you folks can get back to a reasonable and educated discussion.

Scott
Staff

He's also been bumped to the last chance rung on the ladder for persistant trolling since becoming a member.

Minet.ca Staff

Ah yes, just reviewed my PMs and remember the former situation now. Another case of us clearly misunderstanding him.

Hagan, you're on your last leg here. Learn or go away.

recceguy said:
He's also been bumped to the last chance rung on the ladder for persistant trolling since becoming a member.

Minet.ca Staff

Your signature laments the scourge of political correctness, but ironically, anyone who deviates from this forum's political correctness is labelled a troll or limited in his posting. You should watch out for that.

john10 said:
Your signature laments the scourge of political correctness, but ironically, anyone who deviates from this forum's political correctness is labelled a troll or limited in his posting. You should watch out for that.

You are mistaking a relatively normal standard for intellectual discourse for political correctness.

Another way of saying it is that we expect correctness about things political.

E.R. Campbell said:
Nah ... one of these days I'll master English grammar.  :-\
But not 'til after I "master" the The Gay Divorcee.  ;D

You realize that in this day and age gay has a completely different connotation.  ;D

Or is there something you want to tell us? :-*

Damn, those last 2 pages were hard on my head. :facepalm:

I'd rather see a training mission than a full blown battle group doing a chapter 6 or 7 mission.

Some wise person once said: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime"

Question for those who have done such missions, is it a cultural issue that causes the problems, or systemic issues with the 3rd world (i.e. poverty, lack of education, corruption)?

john10 said:
Unless you're aware of the complete backstory, you should attempt to reserve your judgments on how the Staff  perform our duties.

You , should watch out for that ;)

PPCLI Guy said:
You are mistaking a relatively normal standard for intellectual discourse for political correctness.

Another way of saying it is that we expect correctness about things political.
No, not at all.

The political correctness I am referring to is exemplified by certain guiding tenets such as "Canadian soldiers are victims of the media" or "the elder statesmen of the forum are always right". Any questioning of these politically correct statements is met with post deletions and restrictions.

See how quickly this post gets taken down, as an example of the intolerance that greets posts that stray from the politically correct line. My guess: within the day. That's perfectly fine. This is a private message board and its owners are free to manage it as they want, but let's not kid ourselves that the directing staff here is against political correctness. It is very much in favour of it, and enforces it strictly.

recceguy said:
Unless you're aware of the complete backstory, you should attempt to reserve your judgments on how the Staff  perform our duties.

You , should watch out for that ;)
It is based on my participation to this forum, and how every time I question the politically correct notion that Canadian soldiers are being unfairly victimized, my posts and privileges are restricted.

In this particular thread, although I completely disagree with the young fellow, the same attitude of political correctness is being applied to him.

We have whole threads dedicated to how "the owners" suck at managing this board,....they are still there somehow.

Now, at the risk of political correctness,....let's get this back on topic. We have plenty of "the Mod's suck" threads in the admin section.

Bruce
Staff

Bruce Monkhouse said:
We have whole threads dedicated to how "the owners" suck at managing this board,....they are still there somehow.

Now, at the risk of political correctness,....let's get this back on topic. We have plenty of "the Mod's suck" threads in the admin section.

Bruce
Staff
My posts are very much on topic.

We have a young fellow here who is very argumentative and with whom most posters, me included, disagree. But that doesn't make him a troll. He's not posting to aggravate others, he's posting because he genuinely believes what he writes.

Now if you claim political correctness isn't so pervasive here, then next time a poster writes something like "the media quote army forums" or "90% of journalists are liars or stupid" and I question it, let the discussion flow so that we can see how well those types of statements stand up to scrutiny.

john10 said:

We have a young fellow here who is very argumentative and with whom most posters, me included, disagree. But that doesn't make him a troll. He's not posting to aggravate others, he's posting because he genuinely believes what he writes.

Now if you claim political correctness isn't so pervasive here, then next time a poster writes something like "the media quote army forums" or "90% of journalists are liars or stupid" and I question it, let the discussion flow so that we can see how well those types of statements stand up to scrutiny.

If the topic is Canada weighing options for conducting a potential military training mission in West Africa (Mali), could you point to any one of your posts in this thread that are on the subject topic.  ???

It seems that your posts are based on your taking issue with how another poster is being dealt with by the moderators; that has nothing at all to do with the thread's actual topic.

Regards
G2G

Its a sad day when having a relatively low standard for behaviour is seen as being overly sensitive by some.

john10 said:

No. The person in question refuses to take into account anything said to him in rebuttal and makes it out like we are reading him wrong. He's also got a history here with that, and with posting some very questionable content - which you might indeed be right about being taken down...because it was fucking racist.

As G2G points out, you stay pretty well off topic. Hagan wasn't trolling at all from m view...but you are.

Good2Golf said:
If the topic is Canada weighing options for conducting a potential military training mission in West Africa (Mali), could you point to any one of your posts in this thread that are on the subject topic.  ???

It seems that your posts are based on your taking issue with how another poster is being dealt with by the moderators; that has nothing at all to do with the thread's actual topic.

Regards
G2G
The topic came up when recceguy, who purports to be against political correctness, said that a poster was a troll. I'm expressing my opinion that even though I disagree with him, I don't think he's a troll. Take it up with recceguy if you don't think the topic is relevant. Do the politically incorrect thing and tell a staff member that he's off topic.

Scott said:
No. The person in question refuses to take into account anything said to him in rebuttal and makes it out like we are reading him wrong. He's also got a history here with that, and with posting some very questionable content - which you might indeed be right about being taken down...because it was ******* racist.

As G2G points out, you stay pretty well off topic. Hagan wasn't trolling at all from m view...but you are.
There's no doubt hagan is obnoxious and argumentative.

But those are often the characteristics of people who stray from political correctness.

I find it ironic that recceguy, who by his signature, claims to be against political correctness, berates a guy for not adhering to the forum orthodoxy of bowing down before anything that E.R. Campbell writes.

And again, if I am off topic in making that observation, then be coherent and tell the staff member that he is too.

Back