• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Tim Hortons Cup Sizes

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Say goodbye to small at some Tim Hortons locations
By QMI Agency
Article Link

Medium is the new small.

That's what you'll discover if you order a small coffee at Tim Hortons in Kingston or Sudbury Monday.

The coffee company is phasing out its eight-ounce cup size - which used to be a small - and calling its 10-ounce cup - which used to be a medium - the new small.

Oh, a large Double-Double will become a medium Double-Double.

Got that? If not, you can ponder that while sipping your coffee.

And Timmies is also introducing a 24-ounce cup which it has christened Extra Large.

Kingston and Sudbury are the test markets for the new cup sizes.

In the United States, which now has 345 Tim Hortons outlets, there are only three coffee sizes: medium, large and extra large.
More on link

So, there will still be a "Small" at Tim Hortons, but now it will be in in the old "Medium" cup with the old "Medium" price?

Quick!  We need a public inquiry!  How dare a private corporation think they can make a business marketing decision on their own?  Where is Jack Layton now that we need him?  I will not rest (mostly fueled on the new XL coffee) until this wrong is righted!

Michael O'Leary said:
So, there will still be a "Small" at Tim Hortons, but now it will be in in the old "Medium" cup with the old "Medium" price?
You bet your revenue stream that'll be the case.

Pusser said:
Quick!  We need a public inquiry!  How dare a private corporation think they can make a business marketing decision on their own?  Where is Jack Layton now that we need him?  I will not rest (mostly fueled on the new XL coffee) until this wrong is righted!
Somebody get this man a decaf.

Journeyman said:
But McD's coffee will still taste better than Timmies

And a "seniors" 10 oz regular of McD's excellent coffee is still 83 cents.  ;D

GAP said:
In the United States, which now has 345 Tim Hortons outlets, there are only three coffee sizes: medium, large and extra large.
More on link
The last time I was at a US Tim Hortons, they used the "new" size names on all our traditional cups.  Our small was called the "extra small."  Given that that cup size does not match the standard base circumference of all the other sizes, the "extra small" label made some sense.

The new extra large is coming - it is an inevitability of our society.  However, I personally would like to see the "extra small" stick around.  It was a good size for giving a hot chocolate to a child in the winter.

With the roll-out of new cups now nation wide, I am happy to see they decided to keep the old small as the new very small.

I'm a part time supervisor at Tim's and the new XL is 24 ounces
So 2 ounces from a 26er
Thought you'd all enjoy that fun fact and consider who really needs that much coffee lol

Chalupas said:
So 2 ounces from a 26er
Thought you'd all enjoy that fun fact and consider who really needs that much coffee lol

You called.... ;D

When are they rolling this one out?

jumbo-coffee-cup.jpg

Chalupas said:
So 2 ounces from a 26er

*raises hand* 
One might also question who would want a 26er of something else which might be  a little stronger.....  Although I'm pretty sure many hands would go up for that, as well as my own.  ;D

Robert0288 said:
*raises hand* 
One might also question who would want a 26er of something else which might be  a little stronger..... 

:handraised:

Chalupas said:

Yeah, we got it from all the advertisement, TV news reports, radio shows, newspapers, news websites, online blogs, ...........

I was just putting things in a different perspective no need to be ignorant about it

Chalupas said:
So 2 ounces from a 26er

I had my first new 24oz XL today. first time I ever needed to wiz part way through my morning Coffee.
FYI the new cup has a stability issue in a 06 GMC P/U cup holder at 80km during a left turn.

my72jeep said:
FYI the new cup has a stability issue in a 06 GMC P/U cup holder at 80km during a left turn.

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Back