• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Tim Hortons Cup Sizes

my72jeep said:
I had my first new 24oz XL today. first time I ever needed to wiz part way through my morning Coffee.
FYI the new cup has a stability issue in a 06 GMC P/U cup holder at 80km during a left turn.

That's why my search for the perfect travel mu is never ending. They always seem to do a three and a half flip in the pike position right out of my upholder and on to the floor. To hell with texting being dangerous, have you ever tried to salvage your cup of coffee while doing a buck-ten on the 104? ;D

I make it a rule to avoid Tim's...but I do know that a 24 oz coffee would do me quite nicely when on the road from home to the airport.

After being shown this cup, I went with a Contigo cup set available at Costco with 2 cups for $20.  These cups cannot spill as you need to press a button on the side in order to take a sip.  You can turn it upside down and not a drip.  They are stainless steel bodied and fit nicely into your standard cup holder.  Sure they won't hold 24 oz, but for the spill safety I'll take it.

I completely forgot about the size changes and ordered a large this morning. Needless to say I am getting an uncontrollable urge to flip my desk, tear up my work, and run around for a few hours.  ;D ;D ;D ;D :PT:

jollyjacktar said:
After being shown this cup, I went with a Contigo cup set available at Costco with 2 cups for $20.  These cups cannot spill as you need to press a button on the side in order to take a sip.  You can turn it upside down and not a drip.  They are stainless steel bodied and fit nicely into your standard cup holder.  Sure they won't hold 24 oz, but for the spill safety I'll take it.

How would these compare in size (not capacity) to a timmies cup, or nalgene bottle?

Dimensions: 3.5” wide at the widest point of the lid x 7.8”H x 3.3” at widest point of mug x 2.5” diameter at base.  Volume: 16 oz.
Full details, photos etc at link.  http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-stainless-steel-travel-mug.html

Back