• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need for a new Army dress uniform (Split from: Return To Old Army Officer Rank Insignia)

I don't wear the army DEU (air here), but I agree the light/mint green is horrid.

My beef is fitting!

They make DEU pants for skinny stick people...i've got big legs and rump from squats, strength training and bodybuilding and even going up 1-3 sizes up in waist, they are almost like spandex on my thighs and arse. The shirts need more size options as well, considering i'm 5'9 but a large chested guy, i've gotta get shirts that are like damn dresses.

Yes, and not just with DEU either. Larger sizes of combats seem to have the default notion that bigger means bigger in the waistline....

So true, with out a belt my cadpat pants would always fall down due to poor sizes.

Enough of the horse garble. Seriously. I have no problems (and I like) the current army uniform. To the air force guy who said it looks horrid, well good for you, you don't wear it. Same with our current rank structure and insignia, it works, so leave it.

IMO, if we are griping about new dress uniforms, then lets forget new armoured vehicles, weapons and artillery. Or we could focus on the important issues facing our army.

Selection and maintenance of the aim!

Biggoals2bdone said:
They make DEU pants for skinny stick people...i've got big legs and rump from squats, strength training and bodybuilding and even going up 1-3 sizes up in waist, they are almost like spandex on my thighs and arse. The shirts need more size options as well, considering i'm 5'9 but a large chested guy, i've gotta get shirts that are like damn dresses.
It seems most "major" clothing items (shirts, jackets, coats, pants, coveralls, etc), of both operational clothing and dress uniforms, are based on two measurements (height and chest or waist).
We could probably go a long way to improving the current Army dress uniform by simply expanding the spectrum of measurements taken and having Logistic Unicorp do final tailoring once the order comes in.  We would not even to go to the full range of measurements used by civilian tailors ... imagine, with the simple consideration of chest & waist in the jacket, it could be delivered to properly taper to your waist (instead of being all loose and baggy below the chest).

Current Measurements: Height and one of Neck, Chest, Waist
Better Measurements: Height, Height-to-belt, Neck, Chest, Waist, Hips, Sleeve, Inseam

MCG said:
We could probably go a long way to improving the current Army dress uniform by simply expanding the spectrum of measurements taken and having Logistic Unicorp do final tailoring once the order comes in.  We would not even to go to the full range of measurements used by civilian tailors ... imagine, with the simple consideration of chest & waist in the jacket, it could be delivered to properly taper to your waist (instead of being all loose and baggy below the chest).

Was there not a plan to use body scanning for just that purpose a few years ago?  I'm not sure what, if anything, came of it.

N. McKay said:
Was there not a plan to use body scanning for just that purpose a few years ago?  I'm not sure what, if anything, came of it.

Years ago (1997?) they did the Anthropometric study of different personnel in Petawawa.  Our unit ensured they sent the smallest and largest people for a wide variety of measurements.  Stuff still doesn't fit me......and I've gained weight since then.  ::)  What I love (besides the 4-inch increment in waist sizes) is how with the CADPAT jacket, even though the chest size gets smaller, the length of the sleeve doesn't.  :-\

Back