• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navymich's story

Congratulations from me too - and when next we meet, we can swap stories about getting lost in what was fomerly called TCTI when I was last there.

You'll know what I mean within minutes of your arrival.

How long's your course?

Thank you all for your congratulations!

Loachman, my course is just over 3 months long.  Starts 8 Jan and I think the end date is 18 Apr.  I have been checking out the NCTI online.  What an awesome looking place!  I can get used to this AF thing.  :D  Honestly though, I had been looking at the site long before today, but now that it is more real, I've been reading up on things.  I have a pre-course study package to do too.

Went and got my DEUs ordered today, should all be in next week.  And I got to take my beret and wedge home with me today...oooohhh ahhhhh.  I won't get any other kit until I turn in my NCDs, which won't be until I do my transfer.

And CFRC is on the ball.  They sent out my acceptance message not too long after I got the offer.

Michelle!! You did it! Kick ass to the maximum-EXTREME! :D Good to hear you got it, I knew you would all along... I know these things :P

So how does it feel without that fancy maple leaf above those hooks, eh?
You know you can always feel free to come visit PAT Plt any time :P

...Congrats again! That kicks le major ass!

Michelle,

Congrats.....X 2 now, ha ha!

My buddy still lives in Cornwall, we'll all go down to the Blue Anchor for some wings and a brew some day...so you don't forget what the water looks like!!

Congratulations again.................Zoomie!!

potato

Mich:

Congrats! Let us know if you get up to Ottawa, we'll throw some steaks on the BBQ for you (and in Jan, you know I want to send hubs out in minus 30c to make your steak "just right") ;)

HOLY CRAP!

Ya made it!  WOO HOO!

+100 NM....CFSACO and Cornwall may never be the same!

An update due to a change in dates. 

To allow time prior to my XMas leave to get my F&E packed and stored, I will now be releasing from the Reserves on 5 Dec (vice 13 Dec) and enrolling in the regs on 6 Dec (vice 14 Dec).  Only 1 more week left as a Naval Reservist.

navymich said:
An update due to a change in dates. 

To allow time prior to my XMas leave to get my F&E packed and stored, I will now be releasing from the Reserves on 5 Dec (vice 13 Dec) and enrolling in the regs on 6 Dec (vice 14 Dec).  Only 1 more week left as a Naval Reservist.
One final week!  Congratulations!  I don't know if this is irony or not, but my first day of Christmas leave is on your first day as a Regular Force member!

Congratulations!!

Capt Scarlet

Captain (Army)  Scarlet said:
my first day of Christmas leave is on your first day as a Regular Force member!

What is it they say Michelle "out with the bad and in with the good"  ;)

Congrats!

Just kiddin Cap'n

potato

spud said:
What is it they say Michelle "out with the bad and in with the good"  ;)

Congrats!

Just kiddin Cap'n

potato
:rofl:

Hey, I am NOT joining the Naval Reserves just to "maintain the balance" ;D

Two more sleeps as a sailor shad!  LOL

Got my DEUs the end of last week.  What a shame, the tailor is quite busy and my stuff won't be ready for base divisions on Friday.  ::)

I turn in my NCDs tomorrow, and get that other stuff, I think it's green or something.....all I know is that I'm wearing civies for a couple of days, and doing a ton of running around this week. Out routine, release, enroll, in routine.  Fun times!

navymich said:
What a shame, the tailor is quite busy and my stuff won't be ready for base divisions on Friday.  ::)
Yes, what a shame.  ;D

The green stuff is called "CAMPAD".  Make sure you say it right when you talk to people...

CAMPAD

either that or Relish Suit

;D

MRM

I'm not sure where you get CAMPAD, but I have only ever heard it reffered to as CADPAT's

meh regional difference I am sure  ;D

HitorMiss said:
MRM

I'm not sure where you get CAMPAD, but I have only ever heard it reffered to as CADPAT's

meh regional difference I am sure  ;D

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its...

CAMPAD  ;)

You army boys are sooooo funny.  "let's trip up the Navy turn AF chick".  ::)    What I DO know, is that I get a jacket that MATCHES the rest of my gear, unlike some elements.  ;D

navymich said:
You army boys are sooooo funny.  "let's trip up the Navy turn AF chick".  ::)    What I DO know, is that I get a jacket that MATCHES the rest of my gear, unlike some elements.  ;D

Yes yes you do...a nice CAMPAD jacket... ;D

Yup Gotta be regional...I'd day go with CAMPAD mich MRM is a Sgt after all  ;D

HitorMiss said:
Yup Gotta be regional...I'd day go with CAMPAD mich MRM is a Sgt after all  ;D

A Sgt?  Oh right, that new rank structure I have to learn too!  And I must remember to remove the term "Chief" from my vocabulary!

navymich said:
  And I must remember to remove the term "Chief" from my vocabulary!

Why ?

What do you think we call MWOs and CWOs ?

Back