• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Okey Dokey.
Here are two.  name both aircraft, but the second could be hard...
I tell you this about the second one, it was a WW2 aircraft, used by a certain Deutsch speaking nation.
695cba1381b1352821363054e5b08f5c200608280_full.jpg

8e1635f99748289e8937fb98dc8be92b200608280_full.jpg

:o
Correct on both counts.
And here I was, thinking the FW-190 would be a quasi-difficult one.

I am totally unprepared to post one, so if someone out there would like to post a question fire away :salute:

LOL- Name the class of ship prominently figured in the foreground of this little gem:

Ships are hardly my strong suit but I'll go with Russian "Krasina" class

By the way I took the time to read the paper that the cover picture comes from.  An odious little piece of tripe based on poor analysis of limited information driven almost exclusively by the opinions of the authors, as opposed to the realities of the current geopolitical situation.  I highly suggest it to anyone interested in learning about the warped perception of the role of the CF that I fear is becoming ever more prevalent.

I don't think it is, it seems to be missing all the missile banks on the side and there should be a gun turret on the bow. It looks more like a supply ship with that big boom aft.

As I said its not my strong suit and I am taking some liberties based on the relatively poor quality of the image.  I'm basing my guess on the placement of the major superstructures and antennas.  I'm not sure if the missiles would be visible in the type of profile presented.  I was able to find a larger version of the picture while searching for the article but it wasn't particularly enlightening.  The crane is on the Krasina clas though it appears to be normaly stored "traversed?" [not sure if there is a proper nautical term] forward.  In any case I will await the judgement of one of the saltier members.  Whiskey?

Canada has russian built ships? I honestly don't know, just looking at the title of said gem  :)

Based on the paper they hardly seem the types who could tell the difference anyway.  "OHH its big and killy, better not buy it!!"  ::)

Back