• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

snowy said:
This is guess work as well, Is it the German Tiger Tank?

PS: don't laugh if I sound stupid ;D

cheers snowy
No probs.  Here, for info, is a Tiger (Panzerkampfwagen VI)
2WWtiger.jpg

This is likely the "E" model.  Ironically, the "B" model, the "King Tiger" is more of an upgrade of a Panther than a Tiger.  Silly Germans!
kingtiger23.jpg

This is a King Tiger
300px-PantherTankColor.jpg

and this is a Panther

LIKELY said:
Maybe an easy one....
That is a Hetzer.  Anti Tank SP gun.  Some were armed with flame throwers as well.  I believe the hull is from the Pz 38 T (T for Tschechisch, or Czech).

I was about to say Jagpanzer cannon....

Jagpanzer Kanon it is.....least thats what the internet says.  And its always right.

LIKELY said:
Jagpanzer Kanon it is.....least thats what the internet says.  And its always right.

It was the spots throwing me off.

Huh, must have had the correct amount of coffee this morning.    ;D

Regards

#1 Kaman Seasprite
#3 Westland Scout

The equatorial tank was a Brazilian EE-T1 Osorio, admitidly pretty obscure since I don't think it ever went into production.

Have a go.

%$#@!.....I was thinking Brazilian for some reason, but couldn't find a photo of anything that matched... ;D

von Garvin said:
That is a Hetzer.  Anti Tank SP gun.  Some were armed with flame throwers as well.  I believe the hull is from the Pz 38 T (T for Tschechisch, or Czech).

That's the correct answer.

What you have illustrated in your post is the Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer or as it was named by the Germans 7.5cm le. Stu. G. 38(t)

Some of the identifying features are the periscope on the right side, the remote operated MG on the left side, also the  way the exhaust hangs down the rear. The Swiss have used this vehicle well into the '70s IIRC as the G-13 Tank Destroyer.

Skoda built between Sep 44 to Mar 45 a total of 2,584 Hetzer's

Here's a photo of a "Jagpanzer Kanon" a vehicle built by West Germany in the '60s....notice the difference

Spinaker....

Looks like some kind of futuristic LAV-25 with a Bofors gun bolted to the top of it....other than that....I AM LOST!!!  ;D

The vehicle is actually scandinavian, I think the turret should be much easier to identify so go from there.

Sorry, wrong again.

Those are a pair of 120mm mortars.

And no, its not from a movie or a video game.

Back