• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Steel Horse said:
Artillery Gun Module (AGM)
Yes.

Krauss-Maffei Wegmann's Artillery Gun Module (AGM) is an air-transportable, medium-weight, turreted self-propelled howitzer based on the proven technology of the PzH 2000 SP howitzer in service with the German Army.  The gun module can be fitted on a tracked or wheeled chassis. The intention is to integrate the gun module into available in-service chassis for the customer country and to set up co-production arrangements with the local in-country chassis producer to provide a cost effective and medium weight indirect fire support platform.  The picture is the proof-of-principle demonstrator that has been built with a 52-calibre gun mounted on an MLRS tracked chassis.

fm2e1e.jpg

OK, here's one, I will see if I can find a better photo of it as I am at work and have nothing else here.

It is not the Panhard VBL scout either ... but the front windows would match

The VBR is a little closer, but that is not it either.

It is the Japanese Light Armoured Combat Vehicle

MCG said:
It is the Japanese Light Armoured Combat Vehicle

Bingo!  I had to edit the photo of the JGSDF veh in Iraq.  The red meatballs on the door would have made it too easy.  Also known as the Komatsu LAV or "Keisouku Kidosuya".

TOG (The Old Gang) Designed by the group that designed the first UK tans in WWI...circa 1939-1949

Looks like turret from a later Valentine with a six-pounder. I think this vehicle influenced the design of the Churchill Infantry Tank.

tango22a

The tank from Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail?

It looks almost like a Char B1, but alas, the driver's position on that isn't centered, doesn't have the sponsons, and the pictures show the lack of a hull gun, while the way the tracks slope down in front doesn't seem to match any of the British tanks

The German villain uses a vehicle based on the Mark VIII in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. This was constructed for the film using a tracked excavator. The main external difference was that a turret was added.  Even though you got the name of the movie wrong, I'd give it to you. I am not sure if it is exactly based on the Mark VIII either, but its from that family of tanks.

Back