• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name The Weapon!!!

If I'm not mistaken, that beast is Japanese, but for the life of my can't remember its designator.

MM

Nope close again, although Jay was on to something there. The Czech BRBO begat the Bren which in turn begat this one which is turning out to be harder than I thought.

Another shot of it.
Empire-Vickers-Berthier.jpg

Wiki's article on the ZB vz.26 noted a related 'Type 97 LMG' although I never found a picture of it

Further looking through the links at http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk found this:

http://www.dragonsoffire.com/articles_JapaneseCzech.htm

A Japanese copy of the vz.26 in 6.5mm produced in a captured Chinese factory.

Talk about obscure!

Edit:

Whoops, just re-read that last post.  So this came after the Bren?  I'm thoroughly lost now.   ???

Can't be the L-4 or the Nippon model- the cylinder thingy under the barrel of Danjanou's pic is the key. I am thinking this weapon is Russian.

Scratch that- I'll go with Infidel-6 on this one.

Bit of a frankenstein-looking assembly isnt it?  Looks like it would traverse and angle pretty well, but also looks like it would be easily damaged in field conditions...too many tracks and bits and clips...

Larry has it , Ok  bit misleading with the "sired by comment." :-[

The Vickers-Berthier LMG was developed after the Bren, probably from the same BRNO linage and used as an alternate mostly used by Indian Army formations IIRC. Ok Larry Wes is still busy your turn.

German Minenwerfer.  I think the calibre is 75mm or 76mm.  First World War vintage.  CFSME has version (not the same one I believe) on display in main hall.

D

How many time do we have to go over this??  Answer one correctly first.

edit:  Might as well. (sigh) Submachine Gun, Caliber .45, M1A1, or, Thompson sub-machine gun, or, Tommy gun.

^-^ Uhm yeah especially tough for those even clueless on weapons that the name is in the img title...
Another "unusual" post in the C7A2 thread as well.

AmmoTech90 said:
German Minenwerfer.  I think the calibre is 75mm or 76mm.  First World War vintage.  CFSME has version (not the same one I believe) on display in main hall.

D

Thats correct, the floors yours. :salute:

Looks like a Soviet SG43 built as a war time replacement for the Maxim Model1910

Back