• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name The Weapon!!!

The mag gave away the 5.45 x 39mm.

I thought it was something Chi-Com

:)

Wes

So, you are saying its Russian???

Here I thought I was in the know, but never seen that pic before.

Cheers,

Wes

OK it's a Dragunov MA assault carbine,( it was used as the basis of theTSNIITOCHMASH Vikhr),produced for Special Forces use in 1977 but was never deployed in any number as the  9x39mm SP-5 and Sp-6 amunition was seen as a better choice over the 5.45x39mm round.

Ok here's another one that may be  a bit more familiar to some

MG34 said:
OK it's a Dragunov MA assault carbine,( it was used as the basis of theTSNIITOCHMASH Vikhr),produced for Special Forces use in 1977 but was never deployed in any number as the  9x39mm SP-5 and Sp-6 amunition was seen as a better choice over the 5.45x39mm round.

It was the calibre that threw me, everything close to it was in 9x23  :)

Seeing as nobdy is play'n anymore the last one was the Tkachev AO-46 .This weapon is both weird and remarkable because its 5-45 x 39 mm magazine acts as hand grip. Certainly not advantageous from a ergonomy point of view. Or robust. But the design means that in unloaded state, this weapon is extremely compact and no hindrance. Maybe this layout is better used for a survival rifle than for a PDW. It lost to AKS-74U

Floro 5.56mm PDW
It will replace all 9mm SMGs and pistols in the Philippine Army

Neato!

Interestingly, the company that makes it has only got that one photo (the one above) on their website. 

I'd think they'd try and show it off a bit better than that!

NS

Back