• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Most Memorable Rememberance Day Service

the RSM said he would fix that  silly man and set him on the right path after parade, after all his troops had a second parade to do after lunch under this silly  little man.
The parade formation marched back to the local Legion and the RSM lived up to his word and told the Sgt t Arms he better get it together or the parade would be short a few men .

I was pleased to see 2 Horse out on parade again and i will always remember the RSM tuning the SGT at Arms,

[/quote]

I wish I was that silly little man, talk about tuning, do you not think instead of bitching about it , he could have used some help instead

i knew the man personally  for over 30 years grew up with his son, he was not a vet, he joined the local legion and rcaf wing because it was a place to look important and drink at.  there was no helping the man.  he never took advice, it was always his way  or no way. no one else wanted the job and he took it and ran with it. not everyone who joins the legion or RCAF wing groups are vets. some are there for the social side of it. makes some people look important and ot hers  makes them look more important because they have a uniform to wear, in samll towns this is often the case  especially where i live.

i am always happy to see the troops on parade from 2RCHA and I thought it was nice to see and hear the 105 fired instead of the normal c7 salute, made the day  a little more interesting
thanks for the great day  and memories

Remember a number of years ago.  Guns fired their salute from the Mount Royal Belvedere (lookout) and were being returned to the barn. As they are driving down the hill..... the lead vehicle gets passed by a lone MLVW tire ..... which careens down the hill and crashes into the cemetary fence..... Resounding clang followed as the nose of the 3rd truck dropped to one side, ripped out some of the MLVWs guts and the 105 fishtailed.....

Memorable to say the least.

Lug was off that day... Daft & Balmy were driving :)

Back