• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]

George Wallace said:
Did you read the previous posts?

You really don't have to worry.  You are going to be too busy and too tired, so much so tha you will not have the time to go to the Bank/Bank machine, let alone spend any money.
I'm  not worried about spending the money I'm worried about my bills that come out if my account automatically being covered lol

Katw said:
I'm  not worried about spending the money I'm worried about my bills that come out if my account automatically being covered lol

Plan ahead.  Ensure that you have enough in those accounts to cover any current bills, and then relax.  You shouldn't be adding more debt while on Basic.  ;D

plan way ahead - assume that something will go wrong and plan accordingly.  Basic training may not be the best place to start throwing regulations around so even though you are entitled to receive your pay on pay day play it safe and plan to go until at least the 15th of the following month.

I just have a really simple question.

I am married and have one child. I am just beginning my BMQ as a regular force member.  Someone told me at my swearing in ceremony that the first three pays of BMQ are only $500.00 regardless of your marital situation or if you have children.

Is this true?  I haven't heard a single thing about it, other than from him. 

someone else mentioned that earlier in the post.  Don't know how they can legally set it at $500 as FAM chap 98 Sect 2 Para 6 states:

6.    P&A shall be issued on the following occasions:
a. at the middle of each month a member shall be paid one-half of the monthly entitlement, taking into account the full amount of any adjustment required as a result of:
(1) carrying forward a debit or credit balance at the end of the previous month;
(2) any retroactive change in entitlement to P&A; and
(3) any debit or credit adjustment notified in the current month;

If issued in cash it is rounded down to the nearest dollar.

Maybe it is a case of saving work - instead of the clerks calculating the members pay they just issue $500 until the system catches up.  Most likely this is due to under staffing although the fact that most clerks don't know how to calculate pay most likely plays in there too.

A method used when calculating pay for members without verified info was to calculate them all at the base level with all the basic deductions - ie recruits - basic pay level with deductions done as if single.  Thus you have a standard rate for everyone that was at least close.  Once their info was verified then you could adjust for the married members.

Does it matter if you have dependents or not?  Im married, no kids, with a mortgage.  (D.I.N.K.) ;)
It will be a fun year as my wife is going full time at a teacher's college in September (no income), and im waiting for my application to be finalized to join the reg force.  My mortgage payments are about $1400/mth.  lol

How does the Single Quarters and Rations work if i have a house back home in Toronto, and im away at BMQ and/or training in my CF trade??  I'll probably have to sell the house and the wife is going to find a job wherever im stationed?

EeLectrical said:
Does it matter if you have dependents or not?  Im married, no kids, with a mortgage.  (D.I.N.K.) ;)
It will be a fun year as my wife is going full time at a teacher's college in September (no income), and im waiting for my application to be finalized to join the reg force.  My mortgage payments are about $1400/mth.  lol

How does the Single Quarters and Rations work if i have a house back home in Toronto, and im away at BMQ and/or training in my CF trade??  I'll probably have to sell the house and the wife is going to find a job wherever im stationed?

Please read the whole thread... it has been answered. You wont pay Rations and Quarters plus you will get about $400 Separation Allowance...

For those who are wandering, separation allowance at BMQ is $13 per day minus 2 days per month. It equals to $377 non-taxed deposited separately from your salary and is paid for the month before. Eg. In March allowance will be paid for days in February.

Is it by chance the same as the when the topic was started last year? Because, I can't really seem to get 30k a yr for pte./recruit out of like 1600$ pr month. Because it seems to be that way lol.

HavocSteve said:
Is it by chance the same as the when the topic was started last year? Because, I can't really seem to get 30k a yr for pte./recruit out of like 1600$ pr month. Because it seems to be that way lol.

NO.  If you go back and read all the topics on PAY, you will see that pay is adjusted ANNUALLY.

This was taking from Bear.

Well this is what I was handed today at my swearing in ceremony
Pay rate single $2624
Deductions
Sup. Death benefits $635
EI $36.21
CPF Pension + CPP $253.46
SISIP-LTD $.43
Income tax (Fed+Prov) $381.61
PPIP $12.70
Sales tax $0.57
Singles quarters $92
Rations $493.82
Total Deductions: $1281.15

Net Pay $1342.85

I found it thanks. Just had to read the whole topic lol. So another question, is the income tax pretty decent since your paying into both pensions and also paying quite a bit into your income taxes. Not to mention that death benefit is high >_< that one seems like a real money grabber but it does seem nice to your family if something were to ever happen to you (I hope that never happens).

George Wallace said:
NO.  If you go back and read all the topics on PAY, you will see that pay is adjusted ANNUALLY.

SAME THING.  If you go back and read up on what TAXES one pays, in what PROVINCES, at what RATE OF PAY, you would not have to ask this question.

George Wallace said:
SAME THING.  If you go back and read up on what TAXES one pays, in what PROVINCES, at what RATE OF PAY, you would not have to ask this question.

I was asking on behalf of the Income Tax Return. Not the rate of pay or any of that.. just someone doing a simple tax return like I should get on-top of right now.

The CFRC I was in touch with provided me with this document. Not my personal opinion, and not my idea to use American money in the photo...

Your pay will always be deposited on the 15th or 31st day of the month

OMG!  Does that mean we don't get paid at end month on months with only 30 days (or less)?  :eek:

They might have wanted to word that "Your pay will be deposited on the 15th and at end month, or the last working day before those dates if they fall on a weekend* or holiday."

*Not a weekend end.  <------ That's on the pdf.  ;D

Nice attachment, MGB.  Until pay changes.....again.  ;)

MGB said:
The CFRC I was in touch with provided me with this document. Not my personal opinion, and not my idea to use American money in the photo...

If you look closely at the pic the monies shown are from all over the world......

Back