• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Urban Legends

ʞɔoɹɯɐɥs said:
Curses, the spelling dominatrix!

;)

In all fairness ... it is the NCM bit that lends credibility to the plausibility of this myth with the OCdt being an actual occurance!!  >:D

ArmyVern (Female type) said:
;)

In all fairness ... it is the NCM bit that lends credibility to the plausibility of this myth with the OCdt being an actual occurance!!  >:D

Wrong, they brainwash us all to clear our heads of unnecessary jibber-jabber, even former NCMs. :blotto:

benny88 said:
  Wrong, they brainwash us all to clear our heads of unnecessary jibber-jabber, even former NCMs. :blotto:

Who are you!!?? Are you from Mythbusters?? You're ruining my plausibility theory ... that's good for a whipping!!  >:(

ArmyVern (Female type) said:
... that's good for a whipping!!  >:(

5.gif

benny88 said:

Really? I heard once you were accepted to the program it wasn't brainwashing, but a lobotomy. Or is that just the CFR's? >:D

Sig_Des said:
Really? I heard once you were accepted to the program it wasn't brainwashing, but a lobotomy.

Yup, full frontal.

Sig_Des said:
Or is that just the CFR's? >:D

I'm too new to even TOUCH that one

One story I heard quite a bit was that in the build-up to Op DESERT STORM, the US offered to equip 4CMBG with first generation M1 Abrahms, M2 Bradleys, HMMVWs, etc...all we had to do was fly the troops to Saudi and the Yanks would have a whole brigade's worth of kit waiting for them.

Confirmed or Busted?

i remember that  rumour about the tanks and other pieces of equipment , it was suppose to be have been said between the President and the Prime Minister at  a high level meeting in Canada.
there was news reports of it, but the rumour was the PM did not want to look like a charity  case.

other eqipment myth? helicopters after Nam the Us offered Canadian all the single engine huesy they  could fly  all they had to do wa pick them up off some island where the US forces was dumping equipment that  was coming out of country in the withdrawal of US forces

myth or confirm

FormerHorseGuard said:
other eqipment myth? helicopters after Nam the Us offered Canadian all the single engine huesy they  could fly  all they had to do wa pick them up off some island where the US forces was dumping equipment that  was coming out of country in the withdrawal of US forces
myth or confirm
In the final days, the US Navy was literaly pushing helicopters into the drink after they landed on USN ships to disgorge evacuees.... to make room for oncoming waves of more ARVN helicopters.  Quite probably, both American and Vietnamese UH1s went into the drink that week - what a way to clear up a DA shortage :)

Then again, didn't we do something like that when we pulled out of BH?  Burnt a lot of kit - instead of shipping the gear back to Canada...  Musta been a great BOI to close off that inventory.

FormerHorseGuard said:
  all they had to do was pick them up off some island

And I would also like to "take a vacation" to "some island' for some "souvenirs" ;D

I've heard.....

There are two methods of arguing with ArmyVern.

The first one doesn't work,

and the second will send you screaming like a frightened little school girl. ;D

geo said:
In the final days, the US Navy was literaly pushing helicopters into the drink after they landed on USN ships to disgorge evacuees.... to make room for oncoming waves of more ARVN helicopters.  Quite probably, both American and Vietnamese UH1s went into the drink that week - what a way to clear up a DA shortage :)

Then again, didn't we do something like that when we pulled out of BH?  Burnt a lot of kit - instead of shipping the gear back to Canada...  Musta been a great BOI to close off that inventory.

You should have seen Somalia..............the amounts of "stuff" we left behind........actually, for some reason they made us burn everything.....

Old Ranger said:
I've heard.....

This is  NOT an urban legend ...  >:D

Old Ranger said:
I've heard.....

This brings to mind some of the Lefties who have tried to impart their wisdom on this site:

They only have two clues.

One's Lost; and

The other is out looking for it.

Now I am not an expert or anything, so I can not guarantee that this is indeed a fact or not, so it should fit into the Urban Legend realm of UFI.

Back