• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

military medals you have received

• Thread starter Thread starter Veteran`s son
  • Start date Start date
Hello everyone:

I thought that I would mention this thread again.
Thank you again for any replies! :)

I only have two, the CD (1988) and 125 (1992), plus I will be recieving a 3rd, The Defence of Australia Medal, which is coming out in the near future.

All peacetime medals, but they are mine!

Cheers,

Wes

CPSM
UNEF 2
Queens Golden Jubilee
CD
And I recieve the Corrections Exemplary Service Medal  (min 20yrs) in November

Ok, I feel a bit young and ignorant here.   :-[

Never even heard of the wound stripe before. I was under the impression that CF members didn't get jack for being wounded. Anyone have a description for the wearing of, or possibly even a picture of it?

its a stripe and you only get it if it was an enemy action  tha caused these wounds  it goes on the sleeve of you r deu tunic  .. right by your trade badge ......  theres a few guys that have them here they could be better to help you then i

Beleive it or not, this summer I received the Georgia Meritorious Sevice Medal from the State of Georgia...

Not that I can wear it.

Gulf/Kuwait (Op Friction 1990/91)
CPSM (Op Augmentation 2000)
SWASM (Op Apollo 2002)
CD

I received the wound stripe from my injuries when I served in the FRY. Our C.O at the time knew of the implementation of the stripe, and recommended my mate, and I to for the stripe. We were some of the first to received it (Injured 31/12/2004, and received it in 95).

It is not like the American Purple heart in that you wear it like a medal ( those that are more familiar with medals and orders may explain better than I can why that is) anyways, Mine is worn on my sleeve.

It is Gold with a black border, I will scan mine and upload it for all to see.

tess

i got a unficyp medal for doing a cyprus tour,
then the cpsm for getting my first medal.
does this mean i can expect to get another medal for getting the second medal, and so on and so on?  :P

Heh PPCLI Guy,
I got you beat on that one, received the ROK Presidential Unit Citation as part of the unit here 1 Oct 03, even with the accompanying grip and grin from Gen Laporte..oh yeah can't wear it, but it sure looks pretty.
Cheers
Sandbag

CD (1st clasp)
UNPROFOR (Vukovar... yay 41 Independent Field Sqn)
SFOR
CPSM
SSM (NATO)
Queens Jubilee (being presented next week by my beloved ex-Regiment)

Here is a link about wound stripe.................

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/cfpn/engraph/11_03/11_03_wound_e.asp

I have a CD, CFPM, SFOR x 2 (Bosnia), Non-Article 5 (Bosnia). Would have been just as happy to have gotten a 3 for my medal then a separate medal....

There is some info on the Wound Stripe at my site also - click insignia on the left hand frame, then scroll down.  http://www.canadiansoldiers.com

CPSM

INTERFET

Pales in comparison to some of the people on here

You did the time, wear 'em with pride, you earned 'em... :salute:

CHIMO, Kat

Back