• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military ID Card Pics

Gentlemen, having had a new permanent ID done in November at the centre of all things, i.e. NDHQ, herewith the drill: shirt, tie, DEU tunic as is, i.e. no insignia removed.  Digital photo with the card delivered instantly.  

:cdn:Morning all,

I concur with above my last two ID's were done at NDHQ and the turnaround time was aprox 10 - 15 minutes...

Yes they are, that's why it takes so long for us at the far reaches of the country.

Inch said:
Yes they are, that's why it takes so long for us at the far reaches of the country.

Thought so....

Then one can determine that the return time is house in NCR, Days in Ontario and Months in the rest of the country

Michael Dorosh said:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...................................................................

My last one was done with a polaroid camera on the parade square...I think it was back in September.
Most base MP Det.'s are Digital but not all small MP Det's in Reserve Armouries.I had my last one done in June and the temp was done with a Polaroid and the perminant done with the digital.

I just got new temp. ID and my reserve unit took the photo with a poloroid.  It worked fine, I was able to pick one of about four or five takes for my ID.  They certainly varied, in one I looked totally stoned, and one was so large theres no way a headshot would fit on the ID card.

BTW did you know Reservists can now wear their combats in their military ID photos?  It used to be DEU's only.  Not sure when it changed, but I prefer the DEU's anyways for my photo.

It's always been combats for as long as I can remember, I have been in for 4 years, and even going to Gagetown, its still combats.  The new permenant ones, CIC and officer ID's you need to wear DEU's

Inch said:
What rank are you talking about? You should be wearing a tunic for the photo so I'm not entirely sure how you had to take the rank off that. Are you talking about the collar? I didn't think you wore it on the collar with a tie, it's been a while since I wore green DEUs though.....

I didn't have to take my name tag off and I couldn't take my wings off, the picture doesn't go low enough to see your rank anyway, even for NCMs. It only comes down to about the top of the pockets.

We wore CADPAT, but they were temp issue cards.  You also wear collar rank pins in DEU...

Incidentally, I wonder if some of the comments we have just made don't violate security?  Ie appropriate uniforms to wear in a photo ID?
doh

LOL i was about 7 months pregnant and not fitting into my CF's very well, lets just say i did up the first two buttons and that was it....boy can you see the humor in my face. ;D

JANE

bdcasey916 said:
It's always been combats for as long as I can remember, I have been in for 4 years, and even going to Gagetown, its still combats.   The new permenant ones, CIC and officer ID's you need to wear DEU's

I'm pretty sure all reg force wear DEUs for their permanent ID's. Temp ID's it doesn't matter, I was in a flight suit when I had my picture taken.

Reg F and PRes are the same.  You wear dress of the day for your temp ID, but everyone wears DEU for the perm ID card.

beach_bum said:
Reg F and PRes are the same.   You wear dress of the day for your temp ID, but everyone wears DEU for the perm ID card.

For my "permanent" ID which expired, I was indeed in DEU, but it was the summer tans - and shirt sleeve order to boot, no jacket, no tie.

I was supposed to get my permanent ID a few years ago, but my unit screwed up and didn't tell me it was 2 years....instead told everyone it was 5 years or something, so I didn't get it done.  Then this year the ID guy came in to do our pictures and finger printing.....but I had just recently picked up the base guitar again and had all kinds of blisters on my fingers....thus I could not get finger printed....and so no permanent ID.  Another year of the temp for me....just too bad the picture for that one was taken about 15 minutes after PT at my unit....13km ruck march makes anyone look like a sack of hammers!

When is one entitled to a permenant ID, as a reservist? My temporary ID just expired but I've only been in for 8 months, so am I going to be getting another temp or a permenant?

Okay, I understand the reserves has to wait about 2 years for the permanent ID, but do reg force guys get them right away (they do sign a contract for 3 years)? If the regs don't get them right away do they get them after their done training?

atticus said:
Okay, I understand the reserves has to wait about 2 years for the permanent ID, but do reg force guys get them right away (they do sign a contract for 3 years)? If the regs don't get them right away do they get them after their done training?

We had our pics taken week one of BOTC, we got our cards and tags about 3 weeks later. NCM contracts are 3 years for the first one, Officers are a little different as they can vary in length, for the most part I think they're 9 years. I know mine was.

Navalsnipr said:
Actually, it is "Regular NCM" vice Member.

My temporary reserve ID actually says "MAN" vs Member or Regular NCM.  It sounds like its not universal?  Kinda surprising to me.

DME

Back