• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military-Aimed Credit Card

Mastercard.

It's interesting to look into connecting it with other companies, but that would probably come after the start-up. Involve different companies in the original start-up, and things can get pretty complicated

I think it is a good idea also if it can be put into action.  Not enough Canadian organizations provide recognition for their military/peacekeepers.
I would sign up for one.  Oh, and I like the idea of partnering up with other organizations.  10% off at the barber, beer store, peelers etc.  You know... places we go to on a regular basis  ;)
Good Luck!

Polish Possy said:
What If the Mrs. is in the force ?
Then she would qualify for her own DND Amex, would she not? 

The point I was making is unlike most "normal" credit cards, the Amex corporate card can only be issued in your name, you can't get a card in your spouse's name linked to your account.

Good luck in getting a blanket mailing list.  AMEX competes for and is regularly awarded the Corporate Business account.  If your company does decide to go this way please convince them to only send one notice. I already get the weekly MBank et al  letters, they do make good fire starter for my furnace.

Great idea really, but it'll never fly....because there'll have to be some sort of kickback to the mafia that runs the Canex.

just in the Subject of CF Banking, a new CANFORGEN just recently came out to announce an agreement between CIBC and the CF to provide Banking services to members...CANFORGEN can be viewed here

http://vcds.mil.ca/vcds-exec/pubs/canforgen/2005/139-05_e.asp

A CADPAT card would require it's own lanyard.

Sig_Des said:
just in the Subject of CF Banking, a new CANFORGEN just recently came out to announce an agreement between CIBC and the CF to provide Banking services to members...CANFORGEN can be viewed here

http://vcds.mil.ca/vcds-exec/pubs/canforgen/2005/139-05_e.asp

Only accessable on the DIN ?

I believe it's only accessible on the DIN, but here is the CANFORGEN:

CANFORGEN 139/05 ADM(HR-MIL) 067 061803Z SEP 05
CANADIAN DEFENCE COMMUNITY BANKING
UNCLASSIFIED

THE CDS IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE CANADIAN FORCES HAS ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH THE CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK OF COMMERCE TO PROVIDE COST-EFFECTIVE BANKING SERVICES TO SERVING AND FORMER CF MEMBERS, DND PUBLIC SERVANTS, RESERVISTS, NPF EMPLOYEES AND OTHER AUTHORIZED PATRONS

THIS PROGRAM, CALLED THE CANADIAN DEFENCE COMMUNITY BANKING PROGRAM (CDCB), IS DESIGNED TO MINIMIZE THE TURMOIL SURROUNDING CHANGING FINANCIAL ARRANGEMENTS ON POSTING OF CF MEMBERS WHILE PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF BANKING SERVICES TO AUTHORIZED PATRONS. THIS ACCOUNT IS DIFFERENT IN THAT IT WILL BE AN ACCOUNT ACCESSIBLE NATIONALLY, NOT ONE LINKED TO A LOCAL BRANCH BANK. A SINGLE NOTIFICATION IS ALL THAT WILL BE REQUIRED TO EFFECT A LOCATION CHANGE

THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES A BROAD RANGE OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDING A LOW COST $5/MONTH CHEQUING ACCOUNT, LOW RATE MORTGAGES THAT CAN MOVE WITH YOU, LINE OF CREDIT, GICS AND A SAVINGS ACCOUNT WITH BETTER THAN AVERAGE RATES

INFORMATION PAMPHLETS WILL BE SENT TO BASE/WINGS/UNITS AND WILL BE AVAILABLE AT CANEX, THE GYMNASIUM, THE SISIP FS OFFICES, THE NPF ACCOUNTING OFFICE AND AT OTHER LOCATIONS

THE NATIONAL ROLLOUT TO BASES/WINGS/UNITS WILL BEGIN IN SEPTEMBER, AND MAY INCLUDE VISITS BY CDCB BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS (BDM). PERSONNEL WISHING TO JOIN NEED NOT WAIT FOR A BDM TO VISIT A BASE/WING/UNIT, BUT MAY JOIN THE PROGRAM BY PICKING UP AN APPLICATION KIT, PHONING 1-866-808-9933, OR VISITING WWW.CDCBANKING.COM AND DOWNLOADING AN APPLICATION

MORE DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY IS AVAILABLE DIRECTLY FROM THE CDCB WEB SITE AT WWW.CDCBANKING.COM , THROUGH THE LINK ON THE CFPSA WEB SITE AT WWW.CFPSA.COM , OR BY CALLING THE CANADIAN DEFENCE COMMUNITY BANKING PROGRAM TOLL FREE AT 1-866-808-9933

Very interesting. Nice to see something like that availible. Anything ever come with you're companies credit card idea???

Its MBNA Im betting (since MBNA CAnada HQ is in Ottawa).

MBNA especially loves affinity cards. 

It was MBNA, but unfortunately, (or fortunately for me) I don't work there anymore...I found that I wasn't a big fan of MBNA...they also told me that the Credit Card proposal was an interesting idea, but not feasible at this time

Sig_Des said:
It was MBNA, but unfortunately, (or fortunately for me) I don't work there anymore...I found that I wasn't a big fan of MBNA...they also told me that the Credit Card proposal was an interesting idea, but not feasible at this time

Well, happiness is what it's all about so screw MBNA (I would never use ANY of thier credit cards anyway) and cheers to you lad. As long as you kept the ball rolling and got a new job! :P

Back