• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

marines recruiting canadians

WOODYWOOD

Inactive
Reaction score
    I've read in past posts that member PJ D-Dog had access to a screening kit for marines recruiting Canadians. I pm PJ D-Dog as he requested, but he has not been online for sometime now?? Does anyone know how to contact him? I would love a screening kit for marines recruiting Canadians. I've tried once and found alot of red tape with no real answers. If screening kit is not available, is there anyone that can help in this matter it would greatly be appreciated? I've no family members that are American, but many friends who are full citizens.

Contact a USMC recruiting office.

I have, and was sent to the US state department. and which turn out to be a ping pong game through the diferent department in the US. All to end up with no answer or help???

You must be a US citizen, or have landed immigrant status...

GAP said:
Contact a USMC recruiting office.

Hey WW, you might even want to try a CF recruitng office.  

Jarhead and Heartbreak Ridge are just movies  :warstory:

Happy days and groups hugs,

OWDU

Have you ever heard about ascreening kit for marines recruiting Canadians like member PJ D-Dog stated in past posts

I've did the CF thing, actually only reserve five years (4RCR). I'm really looking to receiving a us nat papers as well as us military exp.

WOODYWOOD said:
I have, and was sent to the US state department. and which turn out to be a ping pong game through the diferent department in the US. All to end up with no answer or help???

Did you actually go down to a recruiting office? Online/Telephone probably won't solve much....to easy to say buzz off, especially with all the 16 yearolds thinking they are Clint Eastwood....

yes, I took a visit to the port huron recruting office in mich. at that time I was 21 years old with three years military exp as a rifleman.

i have friends in the USMC or did serve. the stories what attracted me (theaters of ops, weapons, brothership,etc..) if i was to join any force for a career it would be USMC.

And I really liked Steve McQueen in all those movies about the USN and thought that the "Whites" were soo soo Kool..........but I didn't run off to join the US Navy when I grew up. 

WOODYWOOD said:
i have friends in the USMC or did serve. the stories what attracted me (theaters of ops, weapons, brothership,etc..) if i was to join any force for a career it would be USMC.
Why not join the Canadian Forces. the marines are glamorized to much by movies..when I assure you it will be nothing like it. Just stick with the Canadians

slowmode said:
Why not join the Canadian Forces. the marines are glamorized to much by movies..when I assure you it will be nothing like it. Just stick with the Canadians

But the Canadians have not won the Cup in so many years:D ;D Ooops, wrong thread.

i understand your thoughts there guys. but was does one choose to join the French Foreign Legion,USMC, CF, or any other force for that matter, did you join because you glorified it in your mind?? besides I'm not on this post to explain my reasons.

slowmode said:

You are right....there is a real Esprit de Corps, but more importantly it is no more solid than the CF....I see it here, in my son who is in the CF, and I am a former Marine myself...

WOODYWOOD said:

Theater of ops...canada has those, the stories you hear about the marines going is probably over glamorized.
Brotherhood- I'm pretty sure you can get that in the Canadian forces....we dont hate each other..this brotherhood idea is something your getting out of the movie
weapons.......canada does use weapons you know, and there all quite good I must say *excpt I cant stand the c6, rocks the shoulder :D*

What are you looking to join an army to fight a war and become a hero? or actually serve....think about that

Ok this thread is only going in one direction and its down.

Do what you like, you don't need any of our blessings or approval to do it do you?  So go "get-er-done"!

Cheers, Kyle

Woody,

Have you thought about joining the Royal Marines? I think Canadian citizens can join since Canada is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations and citizens of Commonwealth member nations can thus join the UK MoD services.  Maybe the British veterans like Towards _the_Gap and Daftandbarmy on this forum can confirm this.

To become a Royal Marines commando you must be male and a member of the Commonwealth or Irish Republic. You do not need any formal qualifications. Instead you must pass the Royal Navy selection process.

To become an Officer, the minimum entry requirements are At least 180 UCAS points from 2 non-overlapping subjects and 5 GCSEs (A* - C), which must include English and Maths. Applicants with alternative qualifications are considered on their individual merits.

http://www.royalmarines.mod.uk/server/show/nav.6911

And here is a little interesting tidbit from the UK Army website:

Can I join if I'm a Commonwealth citizen but have never lived in the UK? 

Yes, citizens of Commonwealth countries and the Republic of Ireland can apply to join but certain jobs may not be available.

http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/toughquestions/pages/CanIjoinifImaCommonwealthcitizenbuthaveneverlivedintheUK.aspx

CougarDaddy said:
Woody,

Have you thought about joining the Royal Marines? I think Canadian citizens can join since Canada is a member of the Commonwealth Nations and citizens of Commonwealth member nations can thus join the UK MoD services.  Maybe the British veterans like Towards _the_Gap and Daftandbarmy on this forum confirm this.

http://www.royalmarines.mod.uk/server/show/nav.6911
Thats a great idea, good find

Back