• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

Seems on point considering some of the other analyses out there on how the LPC grassroots infrastructure and influence have been actively reduced and removed since Trudeau took over as leader.
Another example of the HQ knowing better than the units? Or a "what were they thinking" moment"? Some of my co-workers live in that riding.

Two more kicks at the by-election cat coming in September - 50 days & counting as of this post ....
If th the Tories win those, that would be huge. I still can’t see that happening, but I wouldn’t have predicted what happened in the last one either.

Two more kicks at the by-election cat coming in September - 50 days & counting as of this post ....

I find this interesting:

Elmwood-Transcona
LPC - Teacher, Union Leader
NDP - Exec Director of Transcona Business Improvement Zone
Con - Electrician

The other riding doesn't really go into that detail.

I find this interesting:

Elmwood-Transcona
Con - Electrician

That IS an interesting, counter-intuitive mix - thanks for that!

As for LaSalle—Émard—Verdun, a slightly more conventional array ...
  • Team Red - Team Red HQ parachute candidate, current (and four-time previous) Montreal city councillor/sits on various boards
  • Team Blue - Retail business owner/former candidate in "Saint-Léonard—Saint-Michel in 2021, coming in second with 10.5 per cent of the vote"
  • Team Orange - "a city councillor in Le Sud-Ouest since 2013. He has served as vice-president of the STM, associate councillor for housing on the executive committee of the City of Montreal and was responsible for reviewing the animal policy. He is currently acting mayor of Le Sud-Ouest and sits on the boards of directors of the SDCs of Pointe-Saint-Charles and Quartiers du Canal"
  • Team PPC - "Gregory Yablunovsky was born in 1961 in Ukraine. He received a Master of Engineering degree from the Odessa Institute of Technology in 1988. In 1990, he lived in Israel for a short time before emigrating to Canada in 1994. During his career, he has been a secret-level systems administrator, server administrator, and project manager. He has been a member of the PPC since 2019 and was a two-time candidate in the 2019 and 2021 federal elections."
Here's the breakdown from the last election in LaS-E-V
1722261314597.png

Sources for above:

Fundraising update BLUF: Team Blue's still pulling in WAY more money than Red or Orange in donations in Q2 of calendar 2024, Team Red's climbed a bit from Q1, and Team Orange's about the same Q to Q.

Source: Elections Canada

CPC-quarterly-fundraising-June2024.jpg
This compares to CPC's Q1 of $10.9M - down a touch, but still within the ballpark, and WAY ahead of the other two main parties (+twice as much as the Liberals).
Liberal-quarterly-fundraising-June2024.jpg
This compares to Liberal Q1 of $3.23M - glass-half-fullers'll notice it's in the right direction from Q1, but ain't a trend just yet, glass-half-empty crowd'll notice it's still a fair bit less than 1/2 of what Team Blue pulled in during Q2.
NDP-quarterly-fundraising-June2024.jpg
NDP are in the same ballpark as Q1 ($1.38M).

Not a good look for an allegedly feminist-forward party, Team Red .....
View attachment 86963
Maybe it wasn't clear the meeting was supposed to be about violence against women? Oh, wait ....
View attachment 86964
Team Red just experienced the agenda differently.

Not a good look for an allegedly feminist-forward party, Team Red .....

Maybe it wasn't clear the meeting was supposed to be about violence against women? Oh, wait ....
I get that politicians like to answer a question by ignoring it and steering onto whatever their talking point of the hour is, but this seems over the top. I suppose question period and press scrums just don't supply enough time for that.

I find this interesting:

Elmwood-Transcona
Con - Electrician

MOAR oddness on the Winnipeg by-election front ....
🍿

Getting sassy and absolutely destroyed in the comments. Glorious.
Twitter comments mean nothing. There isn't a single thing Trudeau could say that would illicit anything but negative responses, and that's not because Trudeau has nothing good/meaningful/helpful to say, it's because people on Twitter are stupid and full of hate.

Twitter comments mean nothing. There isn't a single thing Trudeau could say that would illicit anything but negative responses, and that's not because Trudeau has nothing good/meaningful/helpful to say, it's because people on Twitter are stupid and full of hate.

I don't think you're giving enough credit to how shitty a person and politician JT has turned out to be. He is responsible himself for much/most of his opposition.

Also he sure could say something that would make most people in this country very happy.

Back