• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remius said:
Let’s not muddle political support with our own work standards.  None of us or at least me and a few think that politicians are ethical in what they do.  My expectations are low as far as how ethical those in power are.    Maybe that’s why some give them a pass for certain things?

Politicians shouldn't get a pass for unethical behavior because people set a low bar or low expectations for them in the first place.

People give passes to behavior like this because they're not directly impacted. It's a different story when unethical behavior impacts them.

Jarnhamar said:
Politicians shouldn't get a pass for unethical behavior because people set a low bar or low expectations for them in the first place.

People give passes to behavior like this because they're not directly impacted. It's a different story when unethical behavior impacts them.

I’m not saying that they should get a pass.  But they do. 

Your second point is pretty accurate.

$380M sole sourced contract to provide masks.

"three times the figure publicly disclosed — on a promise of speedy delivery weeks ago, though it didn’t have a factory in Canada

So whos family member is it this time?

https://torontosun.com/news/national/company-awarded-380m-in-contracts-but-fails-to-provide-masks-blacklocks-reporter/wcm/01bb8b51-f920-4cc7-bda6-d0711efce453/

Jarnhamar said:

Founder and CEO is a Ronald Reuben.

https://www.diac.ca/directory/408/amd-medicom-inc/

Jarnhamar said:

"three times the figure publicly disclosed — on a promise of speedy delivery weeks ago, though it didn’t have a factory in Canada

https://torontosun.com/news/national/company-awarded-380m-in-contracts-but-fails-to-provide-masks-blacklocks-reporter/wcm/01bb8b51-f920-4cc7-bda6-d0711efce453/

Did you ever think we need the masks fast and don't have the time to wait around for the bidding process.  In case you forgot, we have a health pandemic going on.  I'm sure the Cons will be all over this as well because for them, it's all about politics and not about health.

stellarpanther said:
Did you ever think we need the masks fast and don't have the time to wait around for the bidding process.  In case you forgot, we have a health pandemic going on.  I'm sure the Cons will be all over this as well because for them, it's all about politics and not about health.

Need the masks fast you say? I agree.

Guess how many masks have been delivered from this $380 million contract that was signed off in April if I'm not mistaken.

Just guess.

Jarnhamar said:
Need the masks fast you say? I agree.

Guess how many masks have been delivered from this $380 million contract that was signed off in April if I'm not mistaken.

Just guess.

Well since you worded it that why let me guess; zero?

Jarnhamar said:

Guess you can do what you want when you have no pesky spending rules or regular meetings of parliament ::)

stellarpanther said:

Ok,...stop.  Put all the political stuff out of the picture...…..you want to make widgets, and there are widget factories already available in country, do you [a] call the widget factories and say 'we need..." or [b} sole source to a company that yes, can build widgets, but doesn't have a factory capable of making them yet?    If someone says [b} then they are a major league idiot.

Now apply the politics back in and guess who picked [b}?  Now lets consider ST's quote," In case you forgot, we have a health pandemic going on.", and one can only conclude that our health is not the factor here, so we must look elsewhere under those rocks and stones.  Guess who's job that is?  Could it be the official oppositions job?  So you don't want the Govt. doing their job properly, nor do you want the opposition to do their job properly...…..I sure hope we never get the kind of Govt. that thinking richly deserves.

from what I have read, the company already makes masks: in China.  They closed their Montreal factory a couple of years ago and moved all their operations off-shore.  So We are footing the bill for them to come home as it were.  Ford offered to send Quebec some masks made here in Ontario instead. 

From what I can see: It's up to $380M (including taxes) so about $330M (before taxes) for 44M masks per year for ten years, which comes out to about 75 cents per mask for a guaranteed supply made in Canada.

PMO, Morneau won't say if Katie Telford's husband communicated with them since joining private mortgage company

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/pmo-morneau-wont-say-if-katie-telfords-husband-communicated-with-them-since-joining-private-mortgage-company/ar-BB17NR8r?li=AAggNb9

stellarpanther said:

Given the past ethical breaches why would the opposition not question anything they do?  It is their job after all.  But part of the problem is that if they decry everything, then when important stuff happens they sound like a broken record.  The CPC has had a hard time communicating with the Canadian people.

There is something to be said about taking advantage of certain situations.  The LPC is certainly willing to try in my mind.

dapaterson said:
From what I can see: It's up to $380M (including taxes) so about $330M (before taxes) for 44M masks per year for ten years, which comes out to about 75 cents per mask for a guaranteed supply made in Canada.

...and maybe just in time for the pandemic to be over. 

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Ok,...stop.  Put all the political stuff out of the picture...…..you want to make widgets, and there are widget factories already available in country, do you [a] call the widget factories and say 'we need..." or [b} sole source to a company that yes, can build widgets, but doesn't have a factory capable of making them yet?    If someone says [b} then they are a major league idiot.

Now apply the politics back in and guess who picked [b}?  Now lets consider ST's quote," In case you forgot, we have a health pandemic going on.", and one can only conclude that our health is not the factor here, so we must look elsewhere under those rocks and stones.  Guess who's job that is?  Could it be the official oppositions job?  So you don't want the Govt. doing their job properly, nor do you want the opposition to do their job properly...…..I sure hope we never get the kind of Govt. that thinking richly deserves.

No, actually I do want them to do there job properly but I want them to do it in a way that doesn't make them come across as whiny little snots, and to do it in a better why.  The way I see it all they do is whine and complain.  I'm not going to spend the time pulling up quotes because I'm sure everyone has heard them already but I hate the constant sarcasm and bad mouthing that comes out of the PC and especially from Scheer's mouth.  If they would do it in a more professional manner I wouldn't be as critical as I am towards their party.

stellarpanther said:
No, actually I do want them to do there job properly but I want them to do it in a way that doesn't make them come across as whiny little snots, and to do it in a better why.  The way I see it all they do is whine and complain.  I'm not going to spend the time pulling up quotes because I'm sure everyone has heard them already but I hate the constant sarcasm and bad mouthing that comes out of the PC and especially from Scheer's mouth.  If they would do it in a more professional manner I wouldn't be as critical as I am towards their party.

From what I have seen you're not going to change your attitude towards the Conservatives regardless of what they change, you're a dyed in the wool Liberal who will forgive and excuse pretty much everything they do because they're doing it for the "greater" good. If you are talking about unprofessionalism have a look at your own Liberals and some of the stuff they do. Talk about being a hypocrite. :whistle:

Remius said:
The CPC has had a hard time communicating with the Canadian people.

The obvious barrier to that is the LPC friendly media.  Imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back