• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
stellarpanther said:
I certainly wouldn't rule out what you said.  I was just starting to get interested in politics when Brian Mulroney was PM, but I was a supporter and voted PC back then.  It's only these last 2 elections that I voted Liberal.  Prior to that I went back and forth.  Other than I don't think we ca afford some of the  ideas the NDP propose, I would give them a chance if I thought they could win even a minority government

Your didnt reply to me... Here I will try again, or will these be like before ?

Quote from: stellarpanther on Yesterday at 23:08:40
I personally do not have a problem with anything they have done up to now.  If that means I support crime or corruption or whatever else, then I guess I do because for now, I still support the Conservatives

I personally do not have a problem with anything they have done up to now.  If that means I support crime or corruption or whatever else, then I guess I do because for now, I still support the NDP

I personally do not have a problem with anything they have done up to now.  If that means I support crime or corruption or whatever else, then I guess I do because for now, I still support the Greens

I took the Liberal part of your post out.  Now how does that sound.

Halifax Tar said:
Your didnt reply to me... Here I will try again, or will these be like before ?

Sorry but maybe I'm not seeing something.  You have a couple quotes from me but what's your question?  What am I supposed to reply to?

shawn5o said:
All liberal friendly media. Whataboustism, eh

And what about Conservative friendly media?  Can we quote that?  Oh wait....  ::)

Good summary by Pierre Poilievre in the video.

Liberals defend decision to have Crown corporation run COVID-19 rent program

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/liberals-defend-decision-to-have-crown-corporation-run-covid-19-rent-program/ar-BB17N5Eb

Jarnhamar said:
Good summary by Pierre Poilievre in the video.

Liberals defend decision to have Crown corporation run COVID-19 rent program

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/liberals-defend-decision-to-have-crown-corporation-run-covid-19-rent-program/ar-BB17N5Eb

If the Liberals would have chosen CRA to run it the Cons would have complained that they didn't use CMHC... They would complained regardless of who they used because that's what they do and a large part of why I don't like them.  They complain and criticize EVERYTHING!
Going forward on this topic to do want to ask something and that is that we not make it personal.  I find that I need to defend my reasons why I have voted Liberal in the last two elections.

stellarpanther said:
Sorry but maybe I'm not seeing something.  You have a couple quotes from me but what's your question?  What am I supposed to reply to?

You dont see the blind bias in those statements ? 

PMedMoe said:
And what about Conservative friendly media?  Can we quote that?  Oh wait....  ::)

I would love to see any that arent the Rebel.  News and media is basically fortress Left.

Halifax Tar said:
You dont see the blind bias in those statements ?

Followed immediately by this:

Halifax Tar said:
I would love to see any that arent the Rebel.  News and media is basically fortress Left.

Everyone has biases.  Other peoples biases are not inherently of less value than yours, and yours are not inherently more noble than theirs.  It is simply human nature.  Is there any chance that SP will change your biases?  Probably no greater than the chance that you will change theirs....

PPCLI Guy said:
Followed immediately by this:

Everyone has biases.  Other peoples biases are not inherently of less value than yours, and yours are not inherently more noble than theirs.  It is simply human nature.  Is there any chance that SP will change your biases?  Probably no greater than the chance that you will change theirs....

Absolutely the difference is a person with cognitive thought and maturity can recognize that and work to keep it in check by exposing themselves to opposing positions and weighing their intellectual and empirical validity; while understanding our beliefs should not be "set in stone" set of commandments (pun sort of intended); but instead a set of values that develops, grows, changes and deepens with education.  Blind allegiance to anything is a waste.

I can tell you I have voted NDP and Green to Liberal to Conservative and then back to Liberal and then back to conservative again.  I know where I have bias, hence the reason I have a real hard time aligning with a party in this country. 

As for the media, if you truly think we are fed straight fact and not political opinion or slant by the MSM then we have reached an impasse because that is simply not true.  The MSM in Canada is just the Rebel on the other (left) side of the spectrum. 

Halifax Tar said:
Absolutely the difference is a person with cognitive thought and maturity can recognize that and work to keep it in check by exposing themselves to opposing positions and weighing their intellectual and empirical validity; while understanding our beliefs should not be "set in stone" set of commandments (pun sort of intended); but instead a set of values that develops, grows, changes and deepens with education.  Blind allegiance to anything is a waste.

Completely agree.

I can tell you I have voted NDP and Green to Liberal to Conservative and then back to Liberal and then back to conservative again.  I know where I have bias, hence the reason I have a real hard time aligning with a party in this country.

I don't think I have ever voted Green, but have covered off all of the other bases. 

As for the media, if you truly think we are fed straight fact and not political opinion or slant by the MSM then we have reached an impasse because that is simply not true.  The MSM in Canada is just the Rebel on the other (left) side of the spectrum.

I concur that most media betray their biases - I just don't accept the lumping of them all together, with a spectrum that goes from Rebel to MSM...

PPCLI Guy said:
Completely agree.

I don't think I have ever voted Green, but have covered off all of the other bases. 

I concur that most media betray their biases - I just don't accept the lumping of them all together, with a spectrum that goes from Rebel to MSM...

We can agree to a difference of opinion ? :)

Halifax Tar said:

Well said.  But in Stellarpanther’s défense he has stated his bias.  He is t even denying it.  Not sure why anyone is so hung up on his position.  He like many others don’t see the WE thing as a big deal. 

The media covered it pretty well in my opinion.  Anything wrong with how they covered it?

The fact is that Trudeau will weather this.  People are more concerned with COVID, schools reopening and more importantly that we are not what is happening south of us.  As long as those things are there Trudeau and team look good.  Not saying they are but against that backdrop anyone looks good. 

Remius said:
Well said.  But in Stellarpanther’s défense he has stated his bias.  He is t even denying it.  Not sure why anyone is so hung up on his position.  He like many others don’t see the WE thing as a big deal. 

The media covered it pretty well in my opinion.  Anything wrong with how they covered it?

The fact is that Trudeau will weather this.  People are more concerned with COVID, schools reopening and more importantly that we are not what is happening south of us.  As long as those things are there Trudeau and team look good.  Not saying they are but against that backdrop anyone looks good.

I question the tenacity with which they hold the Liberal Party's feet to the fire on many issues as well as their selection of "experts" when covering various subjects. 

stellarpanther said:
I guess in the end people who do not support the Liberals will jump on anything they can.  I personally do not have a problem with anything they have done up to now.  If that means I support crime or corruption or whatever else, then I guess I do because for now, I still support the Liberals and Trudeau.  Recent surveys have shown that if an election was held tomorrow, the Liberals would win with a good chance at getting a majority.  If the Cons want to have a chance, I would suggest that they start talking about what they would do instead of spending all their camera time whining and attacking.

Stellarpanther, its amazing how ethics go out the window when it comes to politics and more importantly what a voter will allow or justify. You as a CAF member must of had some ethical training at some point in your career, we have coursing, and defence ethics to show us our moral compass. You as a admin type who is in or was in a position of trust should know the important of ethics in your job. From some of the statements you have made about your willingness to overlook decisions costing the tax payer potentially billions I am concerned about how you apply your justification to ignore clear violations and wonder how it applies to your current job?

Halifax Tar said:
I question the tenacity with which they hold the Liberal Party's feet to the fire on many issues as well as their selection of "experts" when covering various subjects.

Say it with me:  "The fake news media is the enemy of the people."

I know you want to.

:)

Chief Engineer said:
Stellarpanther, its amazing how ethics go out the window when it comes to politics and more importantly what a voter will allow or justify. You as a CAF member must of had some ethical training at some point in your career, we have coursing, and defence ethics to show us our moral compass. You as a admin type who is in or was in a position of trust should know the important of ethics in your job. From some of the statements you have made about your willingness to overlook decisions costing the tax payer potentially billions I am concerned about how you apply your justification to ignore clear violations and wonder how it applies to your current job?

Let’s not muddle political support with our own work standards.  None of us or at least me and a few think that politicians are ethical in what they do.  My expectations are low as far as how ethical those in power are.    Maybe that’s why some give them a pass for certain things?

Ethical breaches are always going to happen.  How voters react is simply a matter of rationalizing political preferences.  So for some the WE matter is no big deal, and Duffy's expensing habits were ultimate horror.  Or vice versa.

The only worry is that a plurality might tolerate anything in the pursuit of political preferences.

Remius said:
Let’s not muddle political support with our own work standards.  None of us or at least me and a few think that politicians are ethical in what they do.  My expectations are low as far as how ethical those in power are.    Maybe that’s why some give them a pass for certain things?

Perhaps its expected to be hypocritical when it comes to believing in your party and leader and what you do in your job and what standards you hold them to? I personally try and weigh their current actions on who I prefer to vote for rather than what was done in the past. Stellarpanthers blind obedience to the current Liberal brand is very telling what sort of person he is. I just hope he separates his work and what he's willing to let go politically.

CloudCover said:
I thought Jack Layton set a reasonable bar. Same with Jim Flaherty.

Some do.  Some take the job seriously. 

Others not so much. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back