• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Level II security clearance (secret level)

George Wallace said:
A Lvl III for someone who isn't deploying will take up to three years; a Lvl II up to 18 months.  If you have a Lvl II already, and have to do an update, you still have a Lvl II, so don't worry.  Once your Clearance has gone to QC then the Clearance is out of everyone's control but DPM Secur 2.  Best advice if you are permitted to go for a Lvl III is to wait until your Lvl II comes back for the "Initial Briefing", sign that, and then have your USS immediately initate your Lvl III application.  If you are in a Trade or posn that does not require a Lvl III, then DPM Secur 2 will reject your application.  NOTE:  For pers born outside of Canada, they will also have to submit copy of their Citizen Certificate with their signed hardcopies.

Hmmmmm...how is this for ya? I arrived in Ottawa thinking I had lvl II, tried to apply for a DTAV account, red flag was raised that I didnt have lvl II. MP LCol got involved, next thing you know within days my lvl II came through, a couple of week later I had my lvl III after interview with CSIS, then I got my TSA. Oh I wasn't deploying by the way, but I was handling files on different missions.

That must be a record ? People that don't have level 2 can't even sign out or use CSNI

opcougar said:
Hmmmmm...how is this for ya? I arrived in Ottawa thinking I had lvl II, tried to apply for a DTAV account, red flag was raised that I didnt have lvl II. MP LCol got involved, next thing you know within days my lvl II came through, a couple of week later I had my lvl III after interview with CSIS, then I got my TSA. Oh I wasn't deploying by the way, but I was handling files on different missions.

That must be a record ? People that don't have level 2 can't even sign out or use CSNI

That's why it happened so fast. Need to know and someone pushing for it.

Must be a slow night to be responding from a post over two years ago. Things may have changed somewhat as well since George posted it.

Back