• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Laser Missile Defense System, From: Future uses of the Leopard: APC, AD, FIBUA tanks, etc (Idea Feasibility?)

First and foremost, I need some definitions on 105's recent post.

IFCS?
RMA?
IFF?
RFID?
Blue SA?

Although, I will comment on the SCUD storm in the 90's. The Scuds great effect was not to kill thousands with nerve agent or hit key targets, but to instill fear, insecurity, and paranoia. It obviously worked since the Israeli Cabinet accelerated their Iraqi war plans.

There were US and Saudi armed forces personnel on a base in Saudi Arabia I believe. It hit their barracks by fluke or just because the SCUD was an accurate variant. Regardless, it was said the Patriot Missile played a part in thwarting these SCUDs. I believe AD missiles are somewhat effective, but could never ever reach the full potential of THEL systems.

Oh and has anyone ever seen SCUDs launched in Afghanistan, I read the Taliban have or had a hefty supply of them in their vast arsenal?

Ron,

I get the feeling that you are quoting directly from a company's website.  Just remember that they are trying to sell something.

Defence against missiles and projectiles is a good thing, I suppose, but active defence comes with a host of problems.  These systems are very complicated and in an army setting would have to operate in a very cluttered environment, with much of that clutter being people.  I believe that some "missile defence" systems are intended to make populations feel better about what their government is doing to protect them.

There are other ways to deal with rockets being fired at your base.  Its a stretch for an anology, but the V1 and V2 threats to London ended when the lauching sites were overun and Hitler's Germany crushed.

Before I steep myself into this information website you referred me to about 4GW, how credible is it? I seems to make sense..
I'm not sure I should start to even scatch it unless you guys and girls read it too?
What do you think Common Sense Act 105?

So much information, this should hold me over for a while. This is somewhat, a new concept for me. Is 4GW thrown around RMC at all, or is it just a buzzword there too.

Back