• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kit for FIBUA

I'm out so take my comments at face value as far as what you can wear.

I'm just offering my thoughts on what should be worn.

From top to toe Kev's daily wear (keep in mind I am not in a doorkicker specific role here)

Ball Hat (my cool SureFire hat if I can or the company hat if I cant...)--but Helmet in BugOut bag either in room/post or in vehicle - CF MSA GAllet helmet with Oregon Aero upgrade suspension - NV mount and side light mount bolted to helmet - Bolle T800's attached to helmet (SureFire M1 IR light in Bugout bag)
Nomex Balaclava in bugout bag  -- goes on before helmet if you have time
Oakleys -- M Frame Sweeps - cuz I think they are sexy
Peltor Comacts (on in vehicle - in bugout bag otherwise)
5.11 Shirt (long or T) (these are flame resistant versions similar to the Under Armour gear ones)
Company Shirt or My own
CF Flight Gloves (nomex - DO NOT CUT OFF THE FINGERS - the Navy learend the importance on unburned hands in the Falklands -- the Air Force knows it -- thr Army is just a little slow sometimes)
Underwear - CF issue ones (I'm a cheap bugger) washed with a flame retardant
5.11 Pants (to quote SSFD on LF -- It's a 5.11 world baby)
Uncle Mike's Inner duty belt
Socks -- Wigwam/Thorlo whatever
Salomon Expert Mid's -- very comfy no back aches like I get in Desert Boots or Danners after standing around or sitting around in Armour all day/night)

ID necklace
Uncle Mikes Outer belt with Safariland 6004 Holster
Maxpedition pouch (I dont knwo its name) weakside waist (its own belt) SF G2 light in pouch

Paraclete RAV w/ pouches etc (SureFire Aviator in SF pouch on cumberbund)

Blue Force Gear SOC-C sling

For range work or specific other stuff I put on knee and elbow pads - otherwise they are in my bugout bag

The CF is deficient in a lot of kit
Specifically Banger pouches (and bangers...)  - I have two on the front of my RAV -- since I am not doorkicking I took off the 5 banger pouch on the back of my RAV.
                Dump Pouches -- get a Maxpedition Rollypoly - spend the $30 and be done with it - You can put your sling and/or gloves in it when off duty.
                TACVEST is SHIT as it does not properly work with armour -- and doing FIBUA/CQB id INCREDIBLY DUMB W/O ARMOUR AND HARD PLATES...

Umm, I'm afraid I couldn't understand half those acronyms  ???, lol. The parts I did get sounded fairly good. I'll take a look-see. Is it worth is to put a flashlight on ur helmet? Like isnt the light sorta bad, seeing as if its all dark, you might mess up your night-vision. Plus it could give away your location. Also, what about modifications to weapon like a the butt grip of a c9 on the handguards?

RiflemanPhil said:
Plus it could give away your location.

If you guys are storming through a building tossing grenades, firing your weapons, etc   The enemy already knows you're there.

If your using NVGs, you could always get a flashlight(recommend surefire) attached to your rifle and put a IR cover on it.

Like mike said, with all that going on, they know youre coming.

Plus, theres lots of nooks and crannies you need or would want a big bright flashlight to peek at without putting your weapon down ( you should never ever EVER do that for any reason), and also, it makes it a little bit tough on the enemy to fight with all kinds of bright lights right in their face with people screaming at you  ;).

We're talking about fighting in built up areas, not rainbow six covert silence hostage rescue mission 2000. There are alot of worse things you can do to give away your intentions... don't worry about a flashlight going into a room.

The M1 light on my helmet is a IR light -- it is not a vis light.

I personally would not put a vis light on my helmet.

The M1 light on my helmet is a IR light -- it is not a vis light.

I personally would not put a vis light on my helmet.

OH MY GOD!!!  Now that was funny!

;D

Dude -- you lost me.

BTW You'll ship to APO's right?

Back