• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joint Task Force 2 (JTF 2) - Canadian Special Forces

• Thread starter Thread starter the patriot
  • Start date Start date
Let me try this again.. was just wondering if there was another centre or is Dwyer Hill the only one? Just realized Dwyer Hill is 25 min from my place. I‘ve driven by it often, knew it was a military related centre but had no idea it was the JTF primary training centre. Cool beans! :) I wonder if I would be able to get a tour. Lol! Wishful thinking.

Dwyer Hill is their primary training centre. However like anyother CF unit they can utilize other training locations to suit their purpose. They use Pet quite often, I happened to be in Meaford one summer when they did a joint assualt boat insertion with Navy SEALS. Like I said anywere and everywere they want to.

Yep anywhere :)

GirlFiredUp look in the Authors section regarding a book called "Canada‘s Secret Commando‘s" just started reading it and answers all questions that have been asked here so far (and I‘m only a couple chapters in lol)

Originally posted by Devlin:
[qb]
JTF_03.jpg

Hey wait a minute now you can‘t fool all of us that‘s not an ILTIS :D

Damm must be nice to have the budget... [/qb]
i dont know for sure but i think they have a MK-19 Grenade launcher ontop of that hummer!

Originally posted by Sweetee:
[qb] Yep anywhere :)

GirlFiredUp look in the Authors section regarding a book called "Canada‘s Secret Commando‘s" just started reading it and answers all questions that have been asked here so far (and I‘m only a couple chapters in lol) [/qb]
Hey thanks! I‘ll definitely check it out.

Originally posted by GirlFiredUp:
[qb] Other than Dwyer Hill, where else in Canada do the JTF train? Anyone know? [/qb]
Salt Spring Island off of Victoria...No really! :rolleyes:

If you don‘t know then you don‘t need to know. And anyone that does know will not be answering you here! So that reporters can go stake the site out!

According to the "book" on the JTF2, the reporters and everyone else in the world know all about Dwyer Hill, and occasionally weirdos with time ontheir hands have shown up snooping around.

But I don‘t think they get anywhere or see anything.

Originally posted by Slim:
[qb]
Originally posted by GirlFiredUp:
[qb] Other than Dwyer Hill, where else in Canada do the JTF train? Anyone know? [/qb]
Salt Spring Island off of Victoria...No really! :rolleyes:

If you don‘t know then you don‘t need to know. And anyone that does know will not be answering you here! So that reporters can go stake the site out! [/qb]
Chill Slim. I‘m not a reporter and I‘m not from Russia! Just wondered if they had other primary training centres. Not a big deal. Dwyer Hill is not a big secret. It happens to be documented on the JTF 2 web site. As for the other training centres, I‘m sure they exist and the people in the surrounding area know about its existence but like Dwyer Hill, there‘s not much anyone can find out outside the gate.

GirlFiredUp,
Taking a chance of speaking for Slim. It‘s probably more frustration than acting smart. We have a million posts on the JTF2 on this site. Problem being, people don‘t do a search before they post a question. Just about everything that can be told has already been asked and answered. I know myself and many others here are frankly tired of people asking the same thing over and over. For everyone else, if you want to know about the JTF2, DO A SEARCH!

My apologies. I should have thoroughly researched before asking but my question was answered 9 posts ago. Case closed.

this website is unreal. if it is a site where those not in the military can seek information, fine. if it is a place where people pawn themselves off as ex-special forces...hahahah...look in the mirror and try to call yourself honourable.  true, we have the JTF2. other courses which recruits are drawn to such as jump, recce, advanced recce, pathfinder, sniper, etc...should be pitched as recruiting incentives, much like the US has done. no one really joins to be the average grunt. if they do, Canada's military is to small to accept people of average goals. 

However, there are books available on the JTF. basically they will tell you everything the world knows. they train with other SF units. you obviously have to have military experience to join. the selection process is HARD DAMNIT. if you can only do 10 chinups, 50 pushups, and bench 65kgs, you shouldnt even be allowed in the military in any trade let alone even ask about SF. IF YOU HAVE TO ASK ABOUT FITNESS YOU ARE NOT FIT ENOUGH!!!. that said. many are hesitant to join because the Canadian military does not advertise some incentives...ie pathfinder. definitely a difficult course to come across. if you want it, join. look out for your troops before yourself. dont be the career-monger like the generation before us. they killed the military. if you worry about yourself before the troops you have no place in the army.

for those who profess to have insurmountable knowledge about the canadian forces...shhhh. this website scares me. I MIGHT SERVE WITH YOU PEOPLE. apparently the IQ test has been made easier. want info...RECRUITING OFFICE OR TALK TO PEOPLE ON THE DND SITE. DONT ASK THE WANKERS ON HERE. CHANCES ARE THEY ARE 5'10'' AND 250LBS OF FAT. go to the source. the army will screw you around...it's the military...the most ineffective organization within any country when it comes to efficiency...but you get what you put in. some of you people are absolutely unreal. "I'm ex-delta"...hahaha. sure you are buddy.

ramsay said:
DONT ASK THE WANKERS ON HERE. CHANCES ARE THEY ARE 5'10'' AND 250LBS OF FAT.

Where did you come from? And if you don't like the site why post on it?

ramsay said:
this website is unreal. if it is a site where those not in the military can seek information, fine. if it is a place where people pawn themselves off as ex-special forces...hahahah...look in the mirror and try to call yourself honourable.   true, we have the JTF2. other courses which recruits are drawn to such as jump, recce, advanced recce, pathfinder, sniper, etc...should be pitched as recruiting incentives, much like the US has done. no one really joins to be the average grunt. if they do, Canada's military is to small to accept people of average goals.  

However, there are books available on the JTF. basically they will tell you everything the world knows. they train with other SF units. you obviously have to have military experience to join. the selection process is HARD DAMNIT. if you can only do 10 chinups, 50 pushups, and bench 65kgs, you shouldnt even be allowed in the military in any trade let alone even ask about SF. IF YOU HAVE TO ASK ABOUT FITNESS YOU ARE NOT FIT ENOUGH!!!. that said. many are hesitant to join because the Canadian military does not advertise some incentives...ie pathfinder. definitely a difficult course to come across. if you want it, join. look out for your troops before yourself. dont be the career-monger like the generation before us. they killed the military. if you worry about yourself before the troops you have no place in the army.

for those who profess to have insurmountable knowledge about the canadian forces...shhhh. this website scares me. I MIGHT SERVE WITH YOU PEOPLE. apparently the IQ test has been made easier. want info...RECRUITING OFFICE OR TALK TO PEOPLE ON THE DND SITE. DONT ASK THE WANKERS ON HERE. CHANCES ARE THEY ARE 5'10'' AND 250LBS OF FAT. go to the source. the army will screw you around...it's the military...the most ineffective organization within any country when it comes to efficiency...but you get what you put in. some of you people are absolutely unreal. "I'm ex-delta"...hahaha. sure you are buddy.

O.K. Ramsay.

Fair enough.  Point taken.  There are a lot of different 'types' on this site.

So......... are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

Not very productive input so far as I see it.

Trolling and baiting don't count as an effort to improve recruiting, inform the uninformed, or expose the posers.

Ramsay:

That bears well on your uniform, if you truly wear it. You're worse then the people you attempted to make fun of, as you bring disgrace to what you wear by acting like that.

Back