• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jagmeet Singh, probably the biggest political loser?

When/if there is a Confidence vote, the BQ votes before the NDP giving Singh the opportunity to safe face and vote against the Liberals.

Liberals 154; BQ 32 = 186
CPC 119; NDP 24 = 143

When/if there is a Confidence vote, the BQ votes before the NDP giving Singh the opportunity to safe face and vote against the Liberals.

Liberals 154; BQ 32 = 186
CPC 119; NDP 24 = 143
Huh. There’s a nuance I didn’t think of.

Some realistic comments on Singh's ethos.

Where does Jagmeet Singh's NDP stand on a carbon tax? | Power Play with Vassy Kapelos

Well that’s certainly a choice.

This riding is likely a LPC / BQ toss-up. It was previously solidly Liberal, but Bloc and NDP have each made significant gains at LPC expense. This choice by the NDP candidate may throw enough votes to the LPC to clinch it for them and allow them to retain the seat.
I had been occasionally looking in on the counts for the two byelections for the past hour or so; in the Québec riding the BQ candidate had been mostly leading (not by much) with the Liberal trailing by a few, but the NDP stayed in the mix. They have, however kept pace enough to have the narrowest of leads.

1726547381749.png

Still early.

The Winnipeg riding is appearing to be a possible hold for the NDP.

EDITED TO ADD

And in the blink of an eye . . .

1726548369049.png

Last edited:
I had been occasionally looking in on the counts for the two byelections for the past hour or so; in the Québec riding the BQ candidate had been mostly leading (not by much) with the Liberal trailing by a few, but the NDP stayed in the mix. They have, however kept pace enough to have the narrowest of leads.

View attachment 88036

Still early.

The Winnipeg riding is appearing to be a possible hold for the NDP.

EDITED TO ADD

And in the blink of an eye . . .

View attachment 88039
Nope, Bloc won LaSalle-Emard-Verdun

Morgan Freeman Voice “They did go ahead, and they deserved what happened.”
Was thinking more like:

Morgan Freeman Voice “And so, after a summer of surfing…and of oyster shucking…and of hand shaking, the young son of Pierre led his faithful team to the promised land of hand holding and inspirational messaging and…well…there even some of those little paper bottle drink juice box thingy things that they…you know, used to use for this and that and other things…”

It is still the Justin Trudeau Party; he reshaped it, in 2014/15, in his own image- contrived though that may have been - and he believes, I think, that he is a great campaigner (not a lie) and also the original 'come back kid' - which he was in 2015 but mainly because Canadians were simply tired of Stephen Harper.

Now, in 2024/25, Canadians are simply tired of Justin Trudeau; but who can replace him? Remember, by LPC custom, it must be an Anglo: Laurier; King; St Laurent; Pearson; Trudeau; Turner;
Chrétien; Martin; Dion; Ignatieff; Trudeau ... so Carney? LeBlanc? Freeland? Anand? Fraser?

It seems to me that what Trudeau wants and what many in the party want, too, is for the LPC to do one last rearrangement of the deck chairs while the orchestra plays 'Siegfrieds Trauermusik' from Götterdämmerung.'

Then after Justin Trudeau 'wears' a crushing defeat a new leader can rebuild the party in a different, maybe, gasp, even in the liberal tradition which once animated it and they can, with there right leader, hold Pierre Poilievre to just one majority and regain power.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 3
The Liberals need someone less reactionary, so I think Freeland is out in that instance. They also need to stop out lefting the left. My money would be on Carney, and then Anand, if I had any say in the matter.

Back