• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

It will only take 29 days....

navymich

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
1.  Go to www.google.ca

2.  Click on "maps"

3.  Click on "get directions"

4.  Type "New York" in the first box

5.  Type "London" in the next box

6.  Hit <enter>

7.  Scroll down to step #23.... :blotto:

Nice, real nice. Too bad the air in my water wings won't last long enough to make the 3,462 mile swim.

Chilly

airmich said:
1.  Go to www.google.ca

2.  Click on "maps"

3.  Click on "get directions"

4.  Type "New York" in the first box

5.  Type "London" in the next box

6.  Hit <enter>

7.  Scroll down to step #23.... :blotto:

Did someobe have a little too much time on your their hands?  ::)

It was kinda funny though  :D

The software must've been written by a MARS officer...  ;)

They've got you doing the scenic route from NY ---> London....via France.

Something wrong with swimming ashore in Plymouth or Portsmouth, since you'd be swimming past there anyways?  ;D

Type in Charlottetown and Gander......at least they tell you to use the ferry!!  ;D

284_226 said:
Something wrong with swimming ashore in Plymouth or Portsmouth, since you'd be swimming past there anyways?  ;D

I've sailed across to Portsmouth.  Weather was so rough I thought we might be swimming....to our liferafts that is!

airmich said:
I've sailed across to Portsmouth.  Weather was so rough I thought we might be swimming....to our liferafts that is!

Yeah, Portsmouth was our last port of call on what was probably the biggest clusterfarked exercise NATO has ever put on - "Teamwork '88", aptly renamed "Patchwork '88".

HMS Penelope and HMCS Preserver collided when the Penelope's steering failed during a RAS approach.  PRE's anchor tore a 30' hole down the side of the Penelope.  Then a Belgian frigate ran aground on a pinnacle in a vestfjord in Norway.  HMCS Athabaskan went to tow the Belgian frigate off the pinnacle, and ran aground herself, tearing off our sonar dome (I was aboard at the time as an AB sparker).  Then when we went alongside a US submarine tender for repairs to the dome while still at sea, a big honkin' storm came up and beat us up against the side of the tender.  Once we got away from the side of the ship, the tender started to recover her seaboats, and while being hoisted, one of their boats had a Robinson disengaging gear malfunction, the boat fell, and they lost a USN sailor overboard.  He was in the water for nearly 6 hours, pulled him out still alive but he died in sick bay.  Nastiest storm I'd ever seen, they were lucky to find him at all.

And they say life at sea isn't interesting...

Back