• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Individual Meal Pack (IMP) [Merged]

The eggs in most of the IMP's almost seem as though they want to bite you back, but it's all good when your hungry. Heck when your starved your boots start to look appetizing.

crystallized beer mix would be crazy... the bread is a bit...dense.. lol, I bet all that IMP bread I ate is still in my system to this day :-\

The IMP bread is supposed to stay in you for as long as a week, I heard a rumor that if you eat IMP's for more than 28 days you can start to develop cancer? B.S? Anyone help me out on this one.
UBIQUE!!!

Cpl.Banks(Cdt.) said:
The IMP bread is supposed to stay in you for as long as a week, I heard a rumor that if you eat IMP's for more than 28 days you can start to develop cancer? B.S? Anyone help me out on this one.
UBIQUE!!!

You really don't believe this do you?

Ex-Dragoon said:
You really don't believe this do you?

Another shining example of common sense thinking !  Damned its been one of those days around here  ::)

2332Piper said:
The things you get taught in cadets these days....

Which is whay you have to take comments on IMPs from cadets with a grain, a big grain, of salt

I'm just thankfull the breakfast menus are a little more palatable - no more plain omelet, ham omelet or beef sausage omelet.  And what kind of freak of nature thought macaroni and cheese with green peas was breakfast food anyways?

Kat, I think if I dug around I could still find a couple of those old can openers.

Doug

Standards said:
I'm just thankfull the breakfast menus are a little more palatable - no more plain omelet, ham omelet or beef sausage omelet.   And what kind of freak of nature thought macaroni and cheese with green peas was breakfast food anyways?

Kat, I think if I dug around I could still find a couple of those old can openers.

Doug

The same guy who thought chicken- a- la- king was food !!

The post about IMP's causing cancer has to be one of the most insane, idiotic and laughable questions I have heard in a long time. Thank you for the laugh, it was long and hard. Seriously, think about what you just asked for half a secong and you will see how assinine it is. Do you honestly believe that CF would feed you something that could cause cancer and/or death? Some IMP's taste like death warmed over but they certainly won't cause cancer, give me a break.

Rebel_RN said:
The post about IMP's causing cancer has to be one of the most insane, idiotic and laughable questions I have heard in a long time. Thank you for the laugh, it was long and hard. Seriously, think about what you just asked for half a secong and you will see how assinine it is. Do you honestly believe that CF would feed you something that could cause cancer and/or death? Some IMP's taste like death warmed over but they certainly won't cause cancer, give me a break.

Thanks for that......you see how stupid some posts can get on here when people stray from their lane..........

I agree 100% aesop. The way I see it, if you don't know what you are talking about, don't open your mouth, and if you think you know what you are talking about ask yourself if it makes sense first.....cancer from bread...... ::)

I was wondering: Do EVERY IMP box come with a heater bag like the american MREs? And why is the IMP in a brown paper box, if they wraped it in plastic like the american ones, wouldn't that make the meal water proof?

CF-22 Raptor said:
I was wondering: Do EVERY IMP box come with a heater bag like the american MREs? And why is the IMP in a brown paper box, if they wraped it in plastic like the american ones, wouldn't that make the meal water proof?

No. Actually, I've never had the heater bag kind. We've always had to do them up the old fashioned way in the pressure coookers.

My favourite IMP? Hmm. Tough question, since none of them are really good. I mean, egg omlette with salsa for breakfast? I guess the salmon steak from the 2000 lot wasn't too bad. Back in Borden, it was the one that was fought over the most. That's when you realise that you've been out in the field too long - you're fighting over IMPs...

Yea, theres no MRE style heaters in the IMP packs, if you want the MRE heaters, there easy enough to get. Fav IMP meal, any of the pasta ones, sausage an hashbrowns, sausage an beans an weiners are probably the best I think. I prefer MREs over IMPS though.

MikeL said:
I prefer MREs over IMPS though.

You're a sadist...I bet you drink the Tabasco sauce.  ;) There is no way MRE's are better then IMPs. Different, yes, better, no way.

Breakfast - beans and wieners,

Lunch - All good no clear favorite

Dinner - Salmon fillet, by far. IMHO it is the best IMP meal made.

The meals themselves are in a waterproof bag inside the cardboard box. The box is handy as a holder for eating your meal when it's hot in the bag, but it depends on how you've broken the rats down, re space, if you can still carry the the little box.

Armymedic said:
You're a sadist...I bet you drink the Tabasco sauce.  ;) There is no way MRE's are better then IMPs. Different, yes, better, no way.

Breakfast - beans and wieners,

Lunch - All good no clear favorite

Dinner - Salmon fillet, by far. IMHO it is the best IMP meal made.

Beans and weiners were pretty good, now that I think about it. But I was such a pushover that I never really got them very often. More often than not, I ended up with the stuff that nobody else wanted.

The salmon for supper is by far the best. I watched two guys almost get into a fist-fight over it on one excercise. No joke, they were getting ready to come to blows. Why can't they make all the IMPs that good? Although, come to think of it, the ham steak and mustard sauce was pretty good too.

Breakfast: Gotta say the beans and weiners, if I have to eat a breakfast.

Lunch: Quite a few decent ones, I'm partial to the Turkey and Vegtable Stew.

Supper: Chicken Breast with Gravy (mm mm comes with Fudgee-Os) and Chicken with Rice are awesome! The Salmon's alright once in a while too.

Kyle said:
Although, come to think of it, the ham steak and mustard sauce was pretty good too.

Please tell me you're joking.  :-X

Back