• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How hard is SQ?

That doesn't surprise me at all. To be honest if I was a CO of a unit I would probably do my best to keep the cream and get rid of the rest! Some would say that's what lead to the downfall of the Airborne Regiment, where the battalions would send there fuckups on a jump course and hope that they pass, therefore finding themselves on posting to Pet. Now they are someone else's problem. :threat:
I don't know how true that is but by seeing some of the troops that ended up there in the last few years of the Regiment it seems plausible.

Sq is only as hard as you make it. If you want it to be hard it will, but if you put in your mind youll get past what ever hits you..than youll be fine

slowmode said:
Sq is only as hard as you make it. If you want it to be hard it will, but if you put in your mind youll get past what ever hits you..than youll be fine

The last post before yours was over 3 years ago

But you are correct in what you said

BTW you are not a sapper until you have your cap badge, and from looking at your profile, that will be after your sect mbr pt 1.

My original post to this thread was quite some time ago when I was still in the reserves, now I'm reg force Sigs, SQ hasn't changed much except they cut it down considerably, apparently they simply added a lot of the training material to the end of BMQ. SQ now is about 3 weeks from what I've seen, at least that's the length of the one they sent a bunch of us Sigs on back in Shilo, MB.

Same as always, be strong, mentally just as much as physically. It's no different then any other military course you've done so far! Definitely won't be the hardest one either...

Back