• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How Do Liberal MPs Feel About Dion Attacking Them?

kratz said:
I would attempt to defend his slip of words, translating French thoughts into English words, in response during an unguarded moment to the suprise question.

The fact is, he is trying to convince Canadians that he should be the next Prime Minister. If such a minor gaff can be attributed to a language mix up during an interview, imaging this party leader under pressure if he was the head of the government.
I would agree that the PM of an English-speaking country should speak English.

Loachman said:
Bilingual country.
Bilingual government federally and in NB. The people are split regionally in what they speak.

It is still a bilingual country, rather than an English-speaking one as you originally said.

I'm not sure why you dredged up a year-old thread either.

Loachman said:
It is still a bilingual country, rather than an English-speaking one as you originally said.

I'm not sure why you dredged up a year-old thread either.
Why not dredge it up? It's a subject worthy of debate.

Most people in Canada speak English. People should be free to speak whatever language they want and within the bounds of common sense be served in whatever language they and the service provider wants. As for government, there should be some definition of what numbers warrant multi-lingual service. Surely the numbers of Anglophones in Montreal warrants that far more than the number of Francophones in Russell Township, Ontario.

Back