• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guelph Army.ca Night

• Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date
Yes I was there.....the boss let me leave at 10pm instead of 11pm. It was great to meet everyone that was there, and hopefully next time more of us can get together. Hope everyone from out of town that was at the meet/gets home safe and sound if they have not already. Thanks for a great time everyone. Now I'm back to work today/good times go by too fast.

~Rebecca~  ;D

ToRN said:
'sokay, I'm pretty sure I was snoring too. I think slept on the wrong part of that couch, my back feels like I've been jumped on.

Ah the reason I had my own room down the hall. ;D

Woke up this morning sat around watching the tube waiting for my breakfast buddies to show and nada. Finally had to grab the bus back to TO.  Overall a good night and from what I saw of it Guelph is a nice place.

Bruce can you do me a favour and swing by the Ramada and look for my liver. I think it's there on on the highway near the Penguin bar. :blotto:

..... Then you didn't see much of Guelph at all.

too bad about breakfast, what time were you up? I left at about 8.

10:30 checked out around 11:00 and headed downtown for breakie and quick walk around.

As someone has already posted the mandatory pic I'm in no hurry to see what's on ,my camera. Considering it doesn't have a bonde function I doubt anything turned out aside from the pickle picture.

The pickle picture!  I forgot about that.  Hadn't realized you had gotten one, thought it was only Vern.  Guess we'll have to wait until she's gotten home before we get to see that one posted.

It was a good night for sure.  Wish I could have stayed longer, or even better, stayed over, and had the opportunity to partake in a few liver-damagers myself.  But had to hit the road in decent time.  Another time for sure.  And talk was also in the air of a Kingston meet in the New Year.  That would be on top of the next Ottawa one that is tentatively scheduled for end Jan IIRC.

Sorry James. Had a long drive to do. Was out of there at 10:30. Wasn't sure if you were up and didn't want to bother you.

No probs, for some strange reason didn't have much of an appetite?

No, Really?? I would never have guessed. I haven't eaten anything yet today, but I just went out and picked up pizza, I'll let you know how it goes.

so the 'blonde function' didn't work very well at the SA, huh? that's what you get for buying the basic version.

Wow. I'm just getting home now!!  ;D

Pulled back into Gagetown about 45 minutes ago. LONGGGGGGGG drive. Many Vern special stops!!!

That pic sucks....

Thief!!

Thief-2.jpg

All of us (except Mich...who bailed)....

Recceguy, Proudnurse, Bruce Monkhouse, Librarian, Danjanou, ToRn

Guelph27Dec2006.jpg
\

Edited to add a really lovely pic of the missing Airmich... >:D

Airmich.jpg

...ahh, the great 'pickle poaching' incident..... :warstory:

Bruce Monkhouse said:
...ahh, the great 'pickle poaching' incident..... :warstory:

Pickle poaching? You originally had my whole darn meal (glad you kept the tomato though!! ;) ) I won't even go into "The Peanut Incident" that occured at the next stop.

I forgot about the peanut incident.  8)

Good thing there wasn't a mini bar in the room, I'd still be there doing dishes to pay for it. Anyway blonde function was on so there are pics but basically same shots as already up so why bother.

Come to think of it the only "blonde moment" was the idiot mod ( who shall remain nameless :-[) who left his coin on the bedside tabloe in the Ramada.

Did you call? I can swing by on the way home from work and check....

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Did you call? I can swing by on the way home from work and check....

Bruce I have it, I just left in the room before we went to the bar, hence my round of Jaggies.  :-[

Hmmm, how come I never bought a round for leaving mine in my car??

Gee, now I feel bad..................... :nana:

Sounds like a good time was had by all... Kinda sorry I missed it.  Maybe next time I wont be in such rough shape and I'll actually be able to come out and play. :cheers:

Vern! So glad that you and the family made it safe and sound back home!

~Rebecca~  ;D

proudnurse said:
Vern! So glad that you and the family made it safe and sound back home!

~Rebecca~  ;D

Yes we did. I drove the whole way too!! Left Burlington at 1200 Thursday, stopped into Trenton for a couple of hours to see the bro prior to his TF1-07 deployment, stopped in Ottawa for another couple hours to see the daughters godparents (and shop at Ikea  ;D), and made it into Gagetown approx 0500 local Friday morning. It was a long and circuitous route, but many Timmies stops made it worthwhile as I cranked the tunes (ahem *and sang along) to drown out everyone else's snoring. Good thing I'm an insomniac. No police on the roads through Quebec this time, I could have almost beat my 10 hour trip record!! And good weather the whole way through.

Back