• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fitness Test

Your exempt standard is dependant on age and sex.
I believe (its been 2 yrs for me) for 29-35 year old men:
Shuttle run 7.0
pushups 40
situps 40
grip test 75 total 150

But I could be mistaken on exact numbers. I do remember that it was really too easy when I did it.

Ok I‘ve got it now.

There are 2 versions of the CF EXPRES, the only variations between the two being the way the cardio level is measured.

There is the step test, or the shuttle run test.

The muscular and endurance score is taken as the sum of the hand-grip, situp, and pushup scores.

For the test involving the shuttle run, your vo2 max score is determined by what level you complete.
For 17-19 level 10
For 20-29 level 10.5
For 30-34 level 8

Muscular strength and endurance scores:

For 17-19 this combined score must be 169
For 20-29 this combined score must be 174
For 30-34 this combined score must be 162

It appears that after 34 your test will be taken only via the step test method.

The results required when the CF EXPRES test is administered in this fashion is:
VO2 max requirements:
17-19 = 57
20-29 = 48
30-39 = 45
40-49 = 39
50-59 = 35

The totals for your combined muscular strength and endurance must meet or exceed
17-19 = 169
20-29 = 174
30-39 = 162
40-49 = 149
50-59 = 132

These scores are listed as the CF EXPRES incentive program for males. Issued 1996-09-27. There are also scores for women that I will post if any woman wants me to.

Graham the step test is used for recruiting purposes after you have joined the shuttle test is used in the CF express test.

I took this information directly from D-net.
The CF EXPRES incentive program details included both step test and shuttle run scores. There is a link to the site in my previous post.
The actual form that you can access from that site is dificult to read the small print, but I sorted through it and passed on the information contained on it.

As I noted this information was issued 1996-09-27.
I‘m not suprised that the information is a little outdated as it was almost 8 years ago.
Thanks for clearing it up.

Thanx for all your help..
GrahamD could you please post the exempt levels for females...I am female...age 16..any more help would be great! Thanx!!

Thats not fair. You should have mentioned it in your intial post, so we old school, male chauvanistic dinosaurs wouldn‘t have automatically assumed (like the small minded twits we are) that you were male.

But hey, if you can do 40 normal standard pushups, you go girl.

For a female doing the shuttle run CF EXPRES test the incentive scores are shown as follows:

VO2 max:
17-19 = stage 6
20-29 = stage 5.5
30-34 = stage 5

Muscular strength and endurance scores are:
17-19 = 112
20-29 = 107
30-34 = 99

As Brneil pointed out, this is the way the CF EXPRES test is administered after the recruiting process.

I don‘t think that a recruiting candidate can qualify for the CF EXPRES incentive exemption (for anyone wondering).
I think I read somewhere that your first official EXPRES test is administered during basic training. I don‘t know where I read that though, so don‘t quote me on it.

Geez, random people assuming you‘re male.... I wonder what that must be like? ;)

Ya sorry about the assumption, no offence or anything like that intended.

I‘ve been training for a while for the physical test so there‘s no reason that I shouldn‘t be able to pass it, but if for some reason I do not, how long after can you redo the test, is it a month or a few months?

Short answer, 90 days.

Long answer, depends on how well or poorly you did, the mood of the tester, that sort of thing...

hrmm..I failed my first one for some reason, my heart rate was too high..so he just had me come in the next week..might depend on the circumstances.

As I said... all depends on the circumstances... but 90 days is what I Was told when I asked them what if...

Should I bring my sports shoes, shorts, T-shirt etc. when I go fore Physical Test  ???  ???

ur going to sweat a bit from the step test so a t-shirt couldn't hurt

:cdn: What do you do during the step test?  do you just go up and down steps?  :cdn:

Back