• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Finally made my first step..!

midgetcop

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, apparently the recruiting sergeant for QYRANG went on vacation before Christmas holidays....making it difficult to get a hold on anyone for quite some time.  :p

BUT, the good news is that I finally handed in my CF application paperwork yesterday and now I just have to play the waiting game to book my CFAT/medical, etc.

I'm a little worried that my application is going to get bogged down because of my past enrollment in the CF as CIC. I don't know if they're going to have to search for my old files, yatta yatta yatta (and let's just say that my first jaunt in the military was an administrative nightmare).

Anyhow, I know that's not much of a personal story so far, but I wanted to share my excitement!

:salute:

Calling Toronto CFRC was a good idea.  :)

Just booked my CFAT for next Wednesday. Wish me luck!

I wrote my CFAT earlier today....success! I actually didn't think I'd done all that well on it...especially the section on problem solving. But when I got my list of trades to choose from, I couldn't believe the amount of technical jobs I qualified for! But I qualified for armour, so that's what was important.

I've got my medical/interview booked for March 6th. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the speed of my processing so far. My first stint with the CF was an administrative NIGHTMARE - I'm guessing that things have changed in the past 6 years.

One snag so far though - because of my past military experience, the recruiter told me that they'd have to find my old service # because apparently they can't give me a new one. Unfortunately, I don't have it and therefore couldn't provide it for them, and now they have to do some digging in order to find it. It's doubtful that my old cadet unit has it.....but I'm curious as to why it wouldn't be on file somewhere at the CFRC....? I guess they don't store records for dischaged members?  ???

Back