• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dreams

This is an interesting topic.  I used to think that people just dream whats on their mind, but my experiences over the years, particularly when dreaming about my late father on two occasions and a former marine colleague who unfortunately passed away, I often wonder.

However, I always find it amusing when I'm having a dream and wake up and am then able to go back into the same dream.  I'm don't always manage a 100% success rate with this but do manage it occasionally.

Cheers

Steve

StevenPreece said:
However, I always find it amusing when I'm having a dream and wake up and am then able to go back into the same dream.  I'm don't always manage a 100% success rate with this but do manage it occasionally.
Cheers
Steve
Yes I've also managed to get back into a dream, specially a really intense one (the ones that feel like your actually living it) I'm also very interested in recurring dreams.
Recurring dreams can be extremely informative and important to decipher. Your subconscious mind has gone to a great deal of trouble to send the same "dream telegram" several times, and it will generally continue to do so until you recognize the insight being offered, or outgrow the issue being addressed. Often these dreams recur for a discrete period of time, such as during childhood, adolescence, college years, or during a specific relationship or period of employment. If you outgrow or move away from a certain lifestyle you may stop having the recurring dream, unless something in your current situation strikes a similar emotional chord from your past; then the dream may resurface, like an emotional "home movie" of certain feelings and moods.

Protected:  I agree wholeheartedly with your commenst.  I sometimes dream that I've joined up again and am back in the military.  I get these dreams a couple of times a year, but usually after I've done or read something related to the subject.

Cheers

Steve

Interesting thread, I have very lucid dreams, it's weird, if I concentrate on something before falling asleep while laying there, frequently I will dream about it. I remember a lot of my dreams, but not in detail. Mine too could be blockbuster movies because the subject matter and the way they flow. I've had dreams where I'm falling and I hit the ground and feel the pain, or I'm flying and feel the fear of height and it can be very scary. I've had deja vu several times. The dream that bothers me the most was the weekend before Sept 11th, I dreampt that a volcano was erupting (I thought it was a volcano because of the amount of fire and ash in the dream although I did not see a volcano). Everything was on fire around me in a large building which was crumbling beneath us, people in the dream were jumping out of the window and trying to hang onto ledges and falling and screaming and burning. All that was left of the building was a concrete burned out frame (I thought it was because of lava) I remember swinging by a rope across to another building as previous ones fell and ash and dust was falling everywhere. Anyway I'm not saying I was dreaming about 911 happening, but after 911 happened I knew I never saw the volcano and wasn't sure what it meant. ah now I'm babbling. My point is that I believe dreams are many things, maybe insight, intuition, excess brain energy, conflict of the psyche, ect

Back