• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dreams

HitorMiss said:
Doesn't come off as a prck???

You haven't had to sit next to him while he pontificates  ;D

Maybe I'll get a chance in Ottawa on Friday.  :cheers:

most likely not...

I was only visiting for the weekend... BUT...

who knows what this week brings for me.. so...........

maybe ???

zipperhead_cop said:
What is your point here?  This thread is about dreams, not "I took some theology at university and want to chime off at people".  Knock it off.  Armywife doesn't have to justify herself to anyone, and who are you to tell her that she "missed" anything?  Next time you see a Padre, you should take him aside and ask him to explain "humility" to you. 
I hope this is just your screen attitude, because if you think you are going to be an Infantry officer and can come off like that to your men, you are in for a rude awakening.
The conversation that you have a problem with ended in PMs because it wasn't meant for everybody.  Armywife will probably never will be under my command, though I can respond to her when she directs something my way.  That said, I won't stay where I'm not wanted.

Bad dreams are known to happen when......... there is a large amount of stress in my life. I have also had dreams, where there has been a situation in my life and I am trying to work it out and the dream helps me too look inside myself to help me solve the problem after I wake up.

I was extremely close with my grandfather, he passed away when I was 14 yrs old. The day my daughter was born 6 yrs ago, I was not even thinking of him and the first moment I saw her, I saw his face when I looked at her.

~Rebecca

Dreams.... in my early teens I used to have dreams or I should say nightmares where I would feel great pressure on my chest, like somebody laying on me... something dark and spooky, like dracula.  I would try and scream and nothing would come out.  It would last for maybe 15 seconds or so...  It happened quite frequently at the time.  It was a long time ago...I think it lasted for about a year.  Thank God they went away!

"Dreams.... in my early teens I used to have dreams or I should say nightmares where I would feel great pressure on my chest, like somebody laying on me..."

- Did you own a cat?  We own two cats, and I wouldn't put that past either one of them.

;D

Tom

Trinity said:
most likely not...

I was only visiting for the weekend... BUT...

who knows what this week brings for me.. so...........

maybe ???

Should you ever get out here to the west(wet) coast, look me up, I'd love to have a discussion with you.

Amos said:
Dreams.... in my early teens I used to have dreams or I should say nightmares where I would feel great pressure on my chest, like somebody laying on me... something dark and spooky, like dracula.   I would try and scream and nothing would come out.  It would last for maybe 15 seconds or so...  It happened quite frequently at the time.   It was a long time ago...I think it lasted for about a year.  Thank God they went away!
Sounds a lot like sleep paralysis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Many nights have I dreamt that there was something else in my presence. Usually, I'm half awake and am unable to move my body, experiencing headaches. I read a book, and found out that it was called a "hag" dream. Mythically, a hag dream is induced by voodoo or witchcraft. I think sometimes we dream what we think, and when we go through REM (Rapid Eye Movement) we dream what we don't control. I read this book once called Silent Lucidity. It mixes scientific beliefs with spiritual beliefs. There's this one thing I remember from it:

Visualise your dreams
Record it in the present tense
Put it into permanent form
If you persist in your efforts, you can achieve
dream control...

TCBF said:
"Dreams.... in my early teens I used to have dreams or I should say nightmares where I would feel great pressure on my chest, like somebody laying on me..."

- Did you own a cat?  We own two cats, and I wouldn't put that past either one of them.

;D

Tom

Nope, no cats!      Good reasoning though for someone with a cat(s)! 

warspite said:
I never used to be able to remember my dreams but then I started writing them down whenever I had a dream and remembered it and this seemed to help a lot.

good advice, another thing you can try is this: ask yourself (about 3 times per day) "am I dreaming?" DON'T think of a answer. When you start dreaming your subconcious mind will ask that question, and trigger a lucid dream (one that you can remember/control).

Try it out (i have and works :))

I seem to be getting a fair bit of Deja Vue at the moment.  I've been told it a momentary lapse in concentration, but sometimes I wonder.

What's the general opinion on this?  It is deam related, isn't it!

Cheers

Steve

Its just happened again!! ;D.  It was different though because I didn't dream it. ;D ::)  But I did see it twice!! ;)

Cheers

Steve

i will probably get laughed at for this but, i believe that dreams are a window into ones soul. if you pay attention you can find out alot about yourself, who you were (past life) who you are, and who you are meant or destined to be.

So if i dream about dogs and stuff, does that mean i used to be a dog then?  ;D

Wow, very interesting thread... I've always paid close attention to my dreams and the best ones are the short nap dreams, I remember those ones more vividly. To me dreams are related to what's going on in your life, the thoughts and feelings that you don't acknowledge or process during your conscious state.
I find you can answer a lot of questions and discover things you are hiding from yourself when you look at what goes on in your dreams... For the rest of the stuff that was added premonitions/religion/ghost etc... hummm guess I'm gonna sleep on it.

Back